analyse this

The guy between Churandy and Burns…
He reminds me of Gatlin

Yes… the running style is very similar.

Churandy had some back injuries after his 9.97.
But he is oke now

Edit… he’s indeed muscular then previous years… He also has a new coach, but i forgot his name…

isn’t it our very own ktolbert?

Standing pelvic position does not necessarily equal pelvic position while sprinting. See Maurice Greene.

lol… i’m sorry but i don’t understand your reply… Ktolbert is a poster on this board and Churandy’s coach?

Keba does offer a view on this forum from time to time.

Wendell Prince is acknowledged as coach of Churandy since the age of 14 in Curacao, but when in El Paso at school he is said to work with Bob Kitchens and (??) Robinson…

Summer racing… Took pic down…

Ah oke thanks…

Yes Wendell was his coach in Curacao, but when he was @ Utep he still had some say in the matter… Churandy was under the guidance of coach Kitchens and in the later stage Paul Ereng… (if i’m correct)

What would contribute to maintaining this pelvic position? I was thinking strong abs with good hip flexibility am I correct?

Yes, John, correct. Maybe hip mobility (rather than flexibility) would be a better term, implying range of movement.

But also strong muscles of the pubic area (beneath the waistline) and obliques/laterals of the back/sacrum area. Essentially the lower core. Awareness and understanding of the role played by keeping hips in neutral would also be helpful so as when the athletes goes through her/his mental checklist in training the positioning can be consciously implemented. Hopefully it will eventually happen without thinking during the major races in due course.

Spot on kk, good control of the glutes assists this as well. Allows the knee lift to occur with ease, without thought and no excessive rotation. Note I said excessive guys, you need a degree of rotation for it all to work correctly. :cool:

Berlino the mascot outside the Berlin Olympic stadium.

Berlin 2009 world championships medals

Allyson Felix looking great in Stockholm, looking good for Berlin WC.

100m Stockholm 2009

how about that cloud? smiling at the village!

Maybe you remember this guy with PB 850 in long jump…

Aahh i finally forgot this pic…
What is his name and how did this happen?