analyse this

Bolt “stepping over” in 100m, London 2009

Debbie Ferguson (foreground) braces on contact, wins 200m, London 09

Gay 200m London 09

Jamaicans in 100m, London 09

Carmelita Jeter (in the pink!) , 100m London 09

Jeter wins London 100 in 2009

Ronald Pognon wins the 100m at the 2009 French Championships

The way she kicks out her lower leg and then retracts it, plus her very upright trunk position, reminds me of Flojo.

Hmmm … let me see … my money’s on the guy in black and yellow!

Any idea where (in distance) this shot is from? Patton looks well in the lead, but Martina won. Would have thought Patton could have held on.

Martina is looking a lot more muscled than in other years… kinda surprised seeing as his times and inconsistency this season.

Whats with everybodys Shoulders popping out? The last photo posted, everybodys shoulders are just popping out like crazy!! The muscle bely of the delts is insane.

Jeter’s left arm appears almost straight and away from the body which is cutting her action. Her right hand is not quite in front of her shoulder, suggesting she hasn’t quite got the optimum rotation.

I prefer Sturrup’s technique. In an almost identical position she has slightly better rotation of the shoulders and her left arm has more of a right angle.

I know Jeter wins but Sturrup has been around a lot longer and at this point in time is simply not as fast she use to be. But she is technically more proficient.

Saw him in an earlier race video from a couple of weeks ago and he looked a bit out of shape. Looks much fitter here.

Its hard to see from the front and a side view would be better, but the pelvis of Jeter looks higher than that of Sturrup- possibly a factor in a longer stride at the end of the race and to account for being faster.

I think this shot is the more significant in that it shows superior pelvic position by Jeter - more of a flat “neutral” position…

Have you seen how pronounced her anterior tilt is naturally? When she stand you can’t see the small of her back!