Where to get Epsom Salt ?

The track where I train is right near the beach, I plan on taking advantage of it now that I’m on holidays from uni!

I don’t suppose there’s a protocol for going to the beach…? I do find being out there too long in the heat ‘cooks’ you a bit and can be detrimental to the next day though, but i spose that’s just a judgement call. As long as you don’t get sunburnt it’s all good!

Who said you blokes were tough, it’s only freegin water. You don’t have to have ice baths.:cool:

as a comparison a few years ago on holiday I swam in Queensland in the middle of winter and it was waay warmer than here in summer.

NZ surfing guide for Dunedin
Be aware of the water temperature, spring suits in summer are a luxury and most people use summer steamers,
http://www.atoz-nz.com/surfing.asp

Just a comment on water temp. should be warm but not hot enough to cause sweating

as a follow up I have done this quite a few times since, each time following on a HI day (speed & weights) and have found it to work really well. :cool:

How do you define working well? Curious what you have experienced

I find them much better than using hot water due to firstly not having the slimey clamminess of the hot versions and less residual muscular fatigue and tightness the next day.

For now, I get mine from CVS. Actually, I just got some a day ago; it was buy one get one free! As far as ES, I have been using it for years and it works. However, (and I learn something new everyday) I have never saturated the water with ES like Ms Coon said so I’m excited the next time around when I use A LOT more salt.

As far as my personal reaction to ES, when I’m in the tub for about 20 min I know it’s starting to work because my thoughts start to drift. Then, when I get out of the tub, I feel tired and I just want to fall asleep due to a strong feeling of utter relaxation. Usually, that night, I sleep like a baby which is a similar reaction I have when I take ZMA the night before.

It’s just terrible that everyday people don’t use ES, they rather take a prescription drug like Ambien to help them sleep.

Superstore, Extra Foods in the Pharmacy section