Thoughts on Charlie Francis and soccer

What do they ask for (non-trivial question)?
I mean, they pay the fee, so they are entitled to their opinion

Never heard of him, but sure you’re right.

I suspect with Armstrong it’ll be like the ‘gym’ in Seoul shortly … 1,000 people claiming to be his ‘therapist’ or coach! lol!!!

I’m pretty disappointed in Armstrong’s showing at this years Tour, I’m a massive fan. Hes certainly had some shady coaches in his career that is for sure.

Well I’d agree.

The rules of the forum (“No mention or discussion of banned substances under any circumstances”) forbid me for saying what I really think.

Let’s just say there’ll be news shortly that should clarify a lot of things for people.

Sure, maybe someone will be claiming to be his dentist. Jokes aside, the therapist has a strong connection with the Texan, it started because one of his clients was running with Armstrong, you know how it happens. You can also find some information online (I don’t throw names randomly, like the Davies man).

you mean the court case? I read Le Mond is chomping at the bit!

… And more!

A very jealous & bitter man that has lost many a fan through his antics.

Hmmm … I know where you’re coming from, but he knows A LOT about the real truth behind Armstrong - more than you or I know - and I think he’s just been saying for years what others don’t want to say or are scared to say.

LeMond himself is an honorable guy.

Ok, I do agree he’s probably a little bitter, but Armstrong is not the Knight everyone thinks either.

The truth will come out in time.

Guys,
just remember the thread. It has been wonderful so far, let’s stay on topic.

You brought up Armstrong! Lol!
:smiley:

But ok, back to soccer …!

I’m unsure as to which part of my post you are responding.

Do you mean the team pays or the athlete that pays a personal coach has the right to an opinion or what exactly?

Yes…you’re right too.
I’m not speaking in absolute manner, it’s only relative to my experience.
In Italy there are doctors that are surely opened, but imo, there is a great % of old school closed doctors.

Real life monthly calendar from one of my U18 girls:

Aug 2-5, 7-8, 10-13: Team camp, training, fitness (i.e. hell week style)

Aug 17, 19: practice

Aug 20-22: Games
Aug 24 game
Aug 26: game
Aug 28-29: games

Aug 31 training

AC Milan and Panathinaikous Training sessions wed beofre their Fri match here in Detroit.

AC Milan just got off plane 3-4 hours before, so was about a 45 minute jog and stretch in runners. Pana. had a nice finishing session for 30 minutes. Also got footage of players being stretched out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyMdA86_Gs0

When you see them so close, technical skills are impressive, aren’t they? You don’t have the same perception when you see them on TV.

Just talked to a coach on the college team where AC Milan practiced last week. The coach spoke with an asst. for ACM, and they spoke at length about ACM’s training philosphy. Essentially the chat went: ACM’s players can play, goal is to keep players fit and healthy, many training sessions are light in nature as a result.

all well and good when you buy ready made elite players no development into speed development / strength its just maintenance.

i had a heated discussion with the coach of my old team (newcastle jets) who said we need to train the dutch way i said ur not comparing apples with appple here they buy the best of the best we have many developing players in our squad who need the grounding and base work. he disagreed and hence i have now moved to new zealand and working for the wellington phoenix…

we had a first round bye and friday night is opening night for us bring it on been a long pre season with a win over boca juniors and i cant wait if ur a betting man get on us early. :wink:

On the senior level yes.

But the old Ajax youth approach (I’m not familiar with the most recent work they do) was very good for skill development and tactical development also.

Exactly. There is difference from developing player and their stage of development and the elite professional.