Putting CF out of business

Don’t be a dumbass, it was a joke…

http://wgfforum.llsint.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=650

I would be surprised if anyone on here could do an iso lunge for 5min. It is very very difficult. You could use it as a form of general strength work on tempo days. How relevant it is to sprinting through is another matter all together.

Stef was doing them and from memory much longer last year. I think that was injury relate though.

RJ and drob9 can do them.

Trying to find my throw-up bucket…

And I was agreeing with you even dumberass, then went on to point out the drill is not being done properly. Apoligise if too high teck.

Hi John! Yes, but no longer than 5 minutes JUST !!

When I first came up with this type of exercise it came under the heading of plyometrics. Stage 1 is a static hold and is stopped the moment form is lost (the lady in the vid never has form according to me). I could hold it for over 5 minutes but the sensation of electric shocks in the quad for up to 4 days after convinced me it worked better as a step to the next exercise rather than the exercise itself.

A young lady I worked with spent 3 years training under Adrian Faccioni and she rang him to ask if he would access her, I have never read faccioni but I was flattered when she said I had taken his work one stage further.

Why would anyone one open a workout with a 5 min static lunge??? That whole thing was a train wreck Got to go with ESTI on the Freak of Training vid. Some wild stuff to watch. Apparently, Archuletta was made of steel because Schroeder couldn’t break him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ht_xP1z3lU

Haha, stop associating me with Evo-sport. :stuck_out_tongue:

What is that? People actually do this?

This video is very close to what Jay Scheoder showed in his DVD and other training videos I have seen.

Yes - it’s astounding. I equate it to all the deviant things we now see on the internet. Did people perform all that deviant stuff before the internet, and it was just that we didn’t hear about it? Or has the interent spawned the growth of deviant behavior? I believe it is a bit of both. Stupid people doing stupid things, and a bit of exhibitionist-copycat behavior. Same thing is happening with training people.

Needless to say, I need to start charging people more money for good training.

Throwing a freakin 45 pound plate at each other! Sounds like a good way to lose a toe… Dropped a 10 on my foot once and was limping for weeks

But bob, you’re missing the single most important characteristic of a football player:
UUUURRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The best part of that whole clip, IMO, is that he states that his system is designed to make you fail.

I reckon they did, all you need is a video camera, and hope the people you are videoing don’t know you are there, cause if they do then you get jack Sit:)

Wonder if they hold a medicine ball above their head when doing tempo. Better still use a 45lb plate that way the weaker ones will toughen up real quick or get left behind for the ambo’s.

I do believe the theory of force absorption and force production is solid. The means to achieve it may be questionable.

I think the risk:benefit ratio is too high for majority of exercises. Do we really need to jump off a 4 ft box and land in lunge stance??

I feel variants can be used. I have used some picked up from Carolinaadi (if he still is around here). They are on a much less risky scale.

My experience is most athletes, especially higher level ones, can produce incredible amounts of force, but have major difficulty absorbing what they can produce.

I have noticed this. My vertical is pretty good but nothing spectacular, and I find the landing after a full jump to be considerably more difficult to absorb the force than it is to produce it.