Go Blue

Rich Rod did a piss poor job at Michigan. They were much better before he showed up. At least they were competitive when they lost. His system failed miserably in Big Ten. His offense was too reliant on one player. His defese was poorly coached. His special teams were non existent. The supposed physical edge Barwis gave was a huge farce. They got outcoached and flat out physically dominated by every good team. He never took any accountability for the teams issues. The blame fell on his players, never on the staff for not coaching the kids up. You can say what you want, but Lloyd Carr record is 120-40, Rich Rod, 120-84-2 and a lot of that was against inferior competition. No comparison, and I never really cared for Lloyd. He was solid and upstanding. Rich Rod brought some shame to a clean program. Michigan will be solid if they get the right guy. Hoke is not the right guy. They need to find a steadying influence after what RR and his staff did to ruin this program. Good luck finding a job after that debacle. He will be lucky to get a job in the MAC based on his performace. All the luster from his WVU days is long gone. RB34, no disrespect, but just because RR is a nice guy doesn’t mean he is a good coach. Maybe O coordinator, but bad head coach.

Rich Rod did a piss poor job at Michigan. They were much better before he showed up. At least they were competitive when they lost. His system failed miserably in Big Ten. His offense was too reliant on one player. His defese was poorly coached. His special teams were non existent. The supposed physical edge Barwis gave was a huge farce. They got outcoached and flat out physically dominated by every good team. He never took any accountability for the teams issues. The blame fell on his players, never on the staff for not coaching the kids up. You can say what you want, but Lloyd Carr record is 120-40, Rich Rod, 120-84-2 and a lot of that was against inferior competition. No comparison, and I never really cared for Lloyd. He was solid and upstanding. Rich Rod brought some shame to a clean program. Michigan will be solid if they get the right guy. Hoke is not the right guy. They need to find a steadying influence after what RR and his staff did to ruin this program. Good luck finding a job after that debacle. He will be lucky to get a job in the MAC based on his performace. All the luster from his WVU days is long gone. RB34, no disrespect, but just because RR is a nice guy doesn’t mean he is a good coach. Maybe O coordinator, but bad head coach.

Mark may is begging pitt to sign rr… Give rr cam newton and see if he can’t coach.

Maybe as oc. But give rr Cam Newton…and he still can’t play defense.

I don’t know what games you have watched but with the cheater you don’t need defense. Aubie defense blows. Newton is the best college player in 30 years. They scored 60 plus on arky. Arky scored 40 plus with mallet hurt in the last quarter. Tebow can’t tote newton jock. The dude is a cheating baller.

know if I would be that lofty. Newton is good but I am not ready to annoint him God based on one season. Certainly not the best player in 30 years. The guy obviously has some less than desirable things that come with him. Stealing, cheating in school, the money issue with daddy, etc. He had one hell of a season. We will see how he fares in NFL. I call tough sledding. He is nowhere near the leader Tebow was. I think Meyer would have played him if he were better then then Tebow. RB34, I don’t see how you can overlook a terrible defense and terrible special teams under RR. Offense was solid against weak teams, but fared poorly when going against good teams. You have a right to your opinion, I just see a very mediocre program under RR. I won’t even get into what a farce the Barwis factor was. I will just say that his impact was highly over rated.

A bit off topic…but I agree with Speedcoach…sure Newton is a great player, the best in college football in 2010…but I won’t certainly consider him the best in 30years…and yes, Tebow is on another planet regarding leadership ( and Meyer had him as a starter).
The argument that their defence and recruiting were already on a slope is not a good one…you hire a new hyped coach and his staff to make thing better, not to continue the fall…

I have been arounf football for over 30 years. I have had good coaches and bad. I have had ones who won in spite of themselves and others who coached mediocre talent to higher levels. The problem falls squarely on Rich Rod. It’s his team and his responsibility to make sure all cylinders are firing. If he lacked talent as he said(I think he is full of s**t), that is his fault. He recruited players for 3 years. So if he actually could identify talent, he should have had juniors on the field this past season. Much of the misery was caused by his personality and his staff. He ran off Mallett. He ran off Boren. Many players left unhappy. That is his issue. Sure you will have attrition when you make a change, but these guys just rolled in with a “there is a new sheriff in town” attitude. If he was truly a good coach, he would have fared better. His offense is ok. DRob was dynamic against inferior opposition. When the sledding got tough, he didn’t do so well. Too undisciplined, too many penalties and errors. Thats coaching period. His defense was regrettable. They were a flat out joke. His special teams were even worse. When you can’t kick a 35 yd field goal, you have issues. People like RB34 defend RR, but I don’t see how. Maybe he is a good guy, but that is not what he is judged on. It’s wins and losses. I am a nice guy too, but if I wasn’t consistently putting kids in college on scholarships, I doubt parents would bring their kids to me. I am judged by the result of the process. He was a terrible fit at U of M. I wish him luck, he is going to need it to repair his reputation as a coach.

Like RB34 said AND like an Aubie coach said…Aubie would be a 6-7 win team NOT a national champ contender.

You guys are not watching the same player. No one has dominated like he has in 30 years.

He already throws better than Tebow and runs way better. You guys need to watch him on the sideline, he’s a great leader. I have seen how many games he has had to bring Aubie back to win.

The newton of now is not the newton at florida as a freshman.
Comparing him to Tebow…the players he has around him are NOT EVEN CLOSE to what Tebow had with florida. Not close. What does how well he does in the nfl have to do with how great he is in college.

I can’t stand him, his family or his university. He is a cheater. But I have no problem noticing how great he is.

He also played in an offense that made him look great. I think he is a great athlete. Lets see hos he plays come Monday. Tebow had more talent but he also had a better career. That didn’t happen by accident. Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Barry Sanders, Ron Dayne, Reggie Bush, etc. Pretty high to put him ahead of those guys. I think he had a tremendous season but its hard to say who is with so many amazing players who had amazing season and careers. He is certainly up there for the best season in past 15 years.

If pitt signs him and his staff and get rid of Buddy Morris and James Smith to make room for Barwis, I promise you Pitt will be in the same situation as Michigan not to mention all of the support they get from former and current nfl players would cease to exist.
I have to agree with everyone else on the forum, RR would probably make a good coordinator somewhere.

FWIW, the rumor mill has it that Barwis will likely stay at Michigan. He’s been kept so far, unlike all the other coaches. Apparently the players love him and transfers could get bad if he left.

on who is coming in. A guy like Harbaugh is going to have his guy. RR has been quoted as saying that he would never go anywhere without Barwis. I would think the reverse would be true. Barwis if nothing else seems intensely loyal. As for his performance as S&C coach, I was less than impressed after all the hype. He didn’t win or lose games, but I saw very little of the supposed speed and conditioning advantage that he was supposed to give. If anything, his guys folded like cheap tents in the second half of games. That can be attributed to him to a degree. I still say he over trains athletes in a sport that it is imperative that you do not.

Barwis and staff are under separate contracts than the football staff.

While I think they are joined at the hip and MB wants to work with RR, unless he’s RR is hired this offseason, MB would have nowhere to work. So he’ll likely stay at UM at least until RR gets another job.

And the SEC West continues to dominate.

I wonder if the incoming guy would want to not have his S&C coach. I also would be interested to see how Barwis does things even if RR doesn’t get hired. He seems like a loyal guy, especially if he thinks RR got a raw deal. Will be interested to see how it plays out.

I think the last time around when Miles apparently was looked at but not offered (not sure what to believe), it was thought that Moffitt would not leave LSU since it is home for him-a La. native. Just a best guess, though.

For you guys in the coaching circles why do you say lane kiffin is a good coach. He really has very little legitimacy as a head coach if you look over his history. He reminds me of chizik except much more intelligent. Good bullshitter and recruiter. He left Tenn with substantial recruiting violations and also was a member of the USC staff that got them in trouble. He has a name and was connected to a great HC in Pete. Some seem to look at him as a Saban, Meyer or Brown. I just don’t see it yet.

If Moffitt was smart he would not follow that dumbass miles anywhere.

i guess i have no “proof” of kiffin being a good coach. He appears to be a great program leader, if you will. He’s a guy like mac brown. Very charismatic and professional. I loved listening to him speak. He knew lots of little secrets and tricks to get to the top.

Some may call that unprofessional, but cutting corners is the quickest way to the top. He said Tennessee was the most talked about program in his first off season. That leads to great recruiting classes according to him. Tennessee was a hot name. … He had a great game plan against UF.

The program in 2009 was not where it was under fulmer’s early years. I feel like Tennessee would have been a team like Miss State or even Arkansas this year had kiffin stayed.