weight in gpp

I also got that vid of you guys doing mb drills and starts etc at the lions outdoor prac fields. What est % was the 2x6 done at? I am assuming 75-80%. I understand 600lbs is a huge load for most but BJ was able to perform 2x6 so it had to be a sub max load, I would consider 1-3 90-100% a heavy load.

Gee! I never got a copy. If you have an extra copy, e-mail info@charliefrancis.com for a mailing address.
Hard to put a % on a set of lifts when you never tried any higher, unless you have a Michigan style Christal ball. I personally think the SE from sprinting makes the pyramid have a wider base, so the 1RM would be less than some tables predict.

I am lost, if I wanted to use the 2x6 method and my 1rm is 500lbs how much would I start out with?

I think you’re coming at this from the wrong direction. You are already fine doing what you are doing so you don’t need to change. The real question would be if you were comming from a higher number and were worried about keeping safe with the higher weight a lower number would generate.

BTW, I no longer squat 500+lbs, this year my squatting strength is much less but I am running better on the track. This years gpp/spp I would like to get these numbers back up.

Did you get my message?

i started a light 6-7x-6-8 with a low weight and with low weight and i try to increase it and decrease reps

I’ll check with Rupert- that doesn’t come directly to me

I posted a visitors message days ago.

Looks ok for GPP, you may want to try 7x5 or 6x6.

7 x 5 for power clean and dip
7 x 7 for bench
6 x 6 for squat and dead
3 x 8-12 for military and shoulder

Charlie, in the weight/speed downloads you mention coaches who don’t like to go over 6reps in lifts etc, is there any risks with starting out at 4x5 or 4x4 in Week 1 of gpp?

I am still a firm believer after a long indoor/outdoor season the athlete would be better off staying in the 6-10rep for the first 5 weeks and maybe hitting 5’s in the final 2 weeks.