Top 10 trigger points

Nice guide:

The Top 10 Trigger Points Every Health
and Fitness Professional Should Know!

I work as a physical therapist and I must say that this list is very accurate!

very very good summary of tight muscle troublespots, will read in deep soon

:slight_smile: well done, thank you!

Nice…
It took me a LOOONG time to figure these out on my own. I even took a part time gig as a physical therapy aide just too learn this stuff… Good find…

Thanks for posting…another good read!

I know alot of these from schooling in massage therapy, but I need to thank you for bringing it to light. I learned a lot of really good information regarding the symptomology of the individual sites. I had no idea the scope of problems such as TMJ from the soleus. Wow!. Plus, as I help many others and not myself, I used a LAX ball to PNF my infraspinatus and was delighted with the results. Can actually move my shoulder without as much pain from torn labrum. Wish I could find a way to treat my subscap on my own. I usually resort to trying to get my massage therapist to do ART via my direction. Thanks again for a wonderfully informative link.

how about a trigger point question…if you don’t press on them, do they exist?

…it’s a phylosophical question…more than a scientific question!
We are speaking about a restricted point of view, basic self-help approach to muscle problems.
It’s a my opinion about a great correlation between TP and ANS imbalance.
Pressure on a painful spot release the muscle locally…if you release the entire system…you can have much interesting results. Sometimes you have to work directly on TP/fascia, because that problem is chronic and only a general approach is not sufficient.
Who have a little experience with manual therapy, know if you work on a spinal subluxation, TP can disappear… pressure approach is the first step…

…it’s a phylosophical question…more than a scientific question!
We are speaking about a restricted point of view, basic self-help approach to muscle problems.
It’s a my opinion about a great correlation between TP and ANS imbalance.
Pressure on a painful spot release the muscle locally…but if you release the entire system…you can have much interesting results. Sometimes you have to work directly on TP/fascia, because that problem is chronic and only a general approach is not sufficient.
Who have a little experience with manual therapy, know if you work on a spinal subluxation, TP can disappear… pressure approach is the first step…

I agree Jamirok. You can sometimes find TP’s inclusters, like a moon planet and it’s moons. If you don’t clear up all of them, they tend to recur quickly. I think the pain receptors fire so much that it has a powerful inhibitory response. I know when I have them, my muscle will shake alot, almost as though you can feel the nervous system is trying to shut down the prime mover. When I get a lot of tissue work and they go away, the phenomenon recedes

Lot’s of great nuggets on this website…