Bolt withdraws from Adidas

Any ideas for a replacement?

Well, Hans Müller-Wohlfahrt is the man. At least Bolt is in good hands and has taken the doctor’s advice – not allowing his handlers to pressure him into meets.

maybe bolt and jamaica could convince the iaaf to ban the hard synthetic tracks in favor of good old fashioned grass…if this fails then maybe he bolt should go up a half size maybe even full size in spikes and stick a 1/8 inch thick foam sole or 3/16 inch in addition to the puny thin velvet sole alot of these spikes have

shit his spikes looked like they were awfully tight on his foot after that 300, the dude takin it off looked like he was havin a hard time gettin it off even though it was untied

so maybe he’ll complete rest it till the 21st of june then maybe resume light training on grass for rehab for 3 weeks then maybe another 3 weeks of grass and synthetic track training before resuming competition after august 8th until early september at the latest

or else toss the rest of this unimportant non major year out the window, rest it until mid july then resume light rehab training on grass till september, then somewhat more intense rehab on grass and synhetic track(sneakers) until october, then october off until thefulltime racers background intensity

Getting off wet spikes can be quite difficult even if they are not overly tight.

oh okay, i assume u mean when ur barefoot, cause i often train on the grass in spikes when its wet or light drizzling and haven’t ever had a hard time getting mine off. then again i wear my spikes 1/2 size and full size larger than my sneaker size in addition to always wearing socks

Excessively tight spikes will load up the AT because normal pronation/supination is restricted.

Injured Bolt misses New York meeting

By Simon Turnbull, Athletics Correspondent

Wednesday, 2 June 2010

First, the good news for the nominal rivals of Usain Bolt. The superman of the track does have an Achilles heel after all. Having been untouchable in 26 consecutive racing events since July 2008, and a class far apart from the rest, the world was beginning to wonder. Now, the bad news for world athletics. The Jamaican’s Achilles heel having been located and found to be damaged, the No 1 draw in track and field will be out of competitive commission just as the 2010 track season starts to get into swing.

“The Lightning Bolt” has been struck by a tendon problem that will keep him out of the New York Games on 12 June. Promoters of the other Diamond League meetings due to showcase the world and Olympic 100m and 200m champion and world record holder will be getting down on their prayer mats in the hope that the Munich sports doctor known as “Healing Hans” – Dr Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt, whose client list has included Boris Becker, Cristiano Ronaldo and even Luciano Pavarotti – can help to repair the damage.

Bolt is due to run in Lausanne and Paris next month and has been expected to race in three head-to-heads with Tyson Gay, the American who took the 100m silver medal behind him at the world championships in Berlin last August. One confrontation, in Brussels in August, has already been confirmed. New York on Saturday week, and Crystal Palace in August had been mooted as likely venues for the other two.

“I developed a stiffness in my Achilles tendon last week and sought medical attention,” Bolt said. “After careful consultation with Dr Hans Müller-Wohlfahrt at his clinic in Munich, I have been advised to take a two-to-three week break as a precautionary measure to avoid risking further damage.”

some of the shit these dudes do after their races in spikes makes me cringe myself(reoccuring acute achilles tendonitis sufferer). mo greene in the past A skipping after a 4th round 9.8 100 performance and then striding a victory lap in his fatigued state at a relatively slow pace. ddayron robles doin pogo hops after a 12.9x 110m performance in stuttgart, it was like he was literally tryin to bow up the achilles the way he was hleveraging his body position into the track. then theres usain)side to side continuous shufflin in spikes after sub 9.8 100’s, the various different dance moves after (my alltime favorite.

some of the shit these dudes do after their races in spikes makes me cringe myself(reoccuring acute achilles tendonitis sufferer). mo greene in the past A skipping after a 4th round 9.8 100 performance and then striding a victory lap in his fatigued state at a relatively slow pace. ddayron robles doin pogo hops after a 12.9x 110m performance in stuttgart, it was like he was literally tryin to bow up the achilles the way he was hleveraging his body position into the track. then theres usain)side to side continuous shufflin in spikes after sub 9.8 100’s, the various different dance moves after (my alltime favorite.

You guys are funny, Bolt is training and doing just fine.

i envy ur maximalist nature. ‘‘hans the collagen matrix has been compromised, mmmm get the calf cells’’

BTW, Mo wasn’t doing a skips - try grade school skips.

i envy ur maximalist nature. ‘‘hans the collagen matrix has been compromised, mmmm get the calf cells’’

still my paranoia of achilles integrity prevents me from trying anything other than minimal ground contact movements in spikes

Don’t forget some of these guys grew up mostly barefoot.

Do you know how much it costs to see this doctor? Does he only treat world class athletes?

All the docs in the world will treat you…provided you pay them.:slight_smile: