the power suit

http://www.thepowersuit.net/

anyone tried this?

I wouldn’t mind having a weightvest that wouldn’t be noticeable underneath my normal clothes. They said this would work underneath a buisness suit, but thats a lot of clothes…

Yea I doubt I would wear it to work. But I like the fact that it appears to not move while running which could affect form. Reminds me of an old dragon ball episode were piccolo took off his robe scarf thing and it weighed a ton.

LOL, I was thinking the same, brought back old memories when I was a kid… I know Kelly Baggett has some protocols on using the weight vest. I’d like to try them someday.

More to the point, has anyone else gotten spam email about this, supposedly from Rupert?

Same here.

For over 22 years I have worked , trained and competed with some of the best coaches and athletes the world has ever seen primarily in track and field but also in football and hockey.
Never once did I hear support for this idea.

lol Yea thats why I posted this hear. I also got the spam email that said it was from rupert. I checked out the site and saw no signs of him. I guess this confirms my suspensions.

but Usain is using it…? ;)…and what happened to rupert

I got these like a decade ago.

They overloaded my hip flexors, effected mechanics & reduced my stride length. A plus point is you may find they increase stride rate initially, but I don’t use mine no more.

Ange,
Can you please look into this “spam” email. Apparently it is from Rupert and it has been sent to everyone on CF.com The email starts with “after 10 years of involvement with Charlie Francis” and then goes on to promote the weighted vest.
I know Charlie would never endorse a weighted vest, or other gadgets so why would it be implied in the email?
Thanks

Thanks for looking out for me and the site.
Charlie would like that!

My newest thread explains all you need to know.

One of Maurice Wilson’s (“The Jamaican Way”) videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPlbpkfwI5g&feature=relmfu

I don’t think I want to get in the position of actually recommending this (I don’t have a weight vest) but the idea has been discussed.

I tried replying to the email, no such email address???

looks like he is just capitalizing on the popularity of the recent Jamaican sprint domination. I do have a weight vest. But it is only used for plyos never to sprint.

I have witnessed regular use of a weight vest by another coach and have taken note of its part in the destruction of an athlete’s technique and a catalogue of injures - enough said.

I actually preferred a full body wet suit (3/2mm) over a weighted vest. Careful and limited application has seen some good results from my athletes.

My understanding of Kelly’s usage was more in relation to VJ as opposed to sprints.

That video was interesting in providing a contrasting med ball protocol versus the one in GPP Essentials. VERY different angles! CF’s one looks more appropriate.

In his rate coding article, he recommends to do a 15-20 minute warm-up with weighted belt or vest equivalent to 5-10% of BW. Then take it off and run sprints. I plan on trying this someday in my 10-30m work.