Strength and Conditioning Unpaid Internship
The University of North Carolina - Football
Description: The University of North Carolina Department of Strength and Conditioning - Football is currently accepting applications for an unpaid internship position with no benefits starting May 10, 2011. The successful candidate will assist with the implementation of sport specific functional strength training programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the Strength and Conditioning Coaches with the design and implementation of sport specific speed, agility, conditioning, and prehabilitation programs.
• Tracking and assessing athlete’s body composition and nutritional status.
• Measuring power outputs on Tendo units and tracking individual athletic progress.
• Weight room supervision, daily upkeep and equipment maintenance.
• Any other duties assigned by the Strength and Conditioning Coach.
• CSCS/ACSM certification required.
• CPR/AED certification required.
• Enduring work ethic, ability to think outside the box, strong management and interpersonal skills.
• Aspire to pursue a career as a Strength & Conditioning professional
• Proficient in Microsoft and excel.
• Background in nutrition strongly preferred.
• Experience working in football strength and conditioning preferably at the collegiate Division 1A level.
Time Requirements: This is a year long position.
Compensation: Unpaid Internship. Individual will gain experience in a Division 1A College Strength and Conditioning Football setting as well as future recommendation.
Deadline: Applications must be received by April 10, 2011.
How to Apply: Contact me, through Charlie Francis.com
The University of North Carolina is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.