Chris6878's journal.

4/17
am bench 5x5x205 felt a lil weak this morning. THe 205 wasnt hard but I didnt have the energy to go up. taking off today. going out of town. Im hoping to find a place in orlando to workout for the next few days

4/18
In orlando with wife. That morning i decided to check out the wide world of sports since they have a track. I know they will charge so i am prepared to pay. What i wasnt prepared for was them telling me people cant train on the track. I say wtf, whats the use of a track if its only used 3 times a year for 3 meets. ofcourse no answer. shit made no fucking sense. meanwhile i see tons of people at the disney resorts running down the street, on the sidewalk, in the grass, trying to get a workout in. I wonder how much money they could get by charging to use the facilities. Retards

so I google a another track and a park comes up, its like 30 mins away and I say screw it i need to run. I finally arrive and what do i see, a track made out of road, not gravel, not soft spikable asphlat, but highway road. wtf. I then spot a baseball field and go hop the fence.
I had planned to do 200,150 but that wasnt happening. so I just marked off 60-70 m and did some runs
3x3x60-70meters. 20sec rep/6 mins per set.

I thought i was gonna die byt the last one. I was going pretty fast. Never though I would feel that out of breath. it was a tough one. I hate disney

4/19 off
4/20 tempo 2000m
10x100
2x300
2x200
abs and glute work

What are your times for 100-300m tempo runs?

Was just shaking my legs out today after returning from Orlando. But this year I run the 100s in 16-17 secs, with 50m walk. The 300s I haven’t timed. Most the time I time the 100 and 200 runs. The 200s are between 30-33

Are they on grass?

Yes always on grass, unless the grass is too wet

Don’t you think those times are a little fast for ext tempo?

Well I do a timed tempo once a week. And those are the times I target. I would never do those for every tempo day. my other tempo days I don’t time the runs. only time the rest. I also don’t run nearly as fast

also you need to clear out your inbox. is your email still the same? Ill shoot you those workouts I did from august till now.

4/21 meet finally this Saturday. these once a month meets don’t cut it. cant run fast times without meets
Today I felt sluggish, and my partner let me know by blasting me out the blocks.
3x20m isorobic
5x10 bs
5x40 bs- I was getting the business today
2x20m fly 2.22 2.03. I should’ve warmup more before the first fly after my break.
1x120 13.4- surpised I could even run that fast. I was working form and relaxation

gym- im going into a max strength phase and today was a trial run
hang snatch 5x3x95
sq 2x3x315
bench 2x3x225, 2x3x245

ill give todays work out a c.

Should be good.

4/22
tempo 10x100 easy
massage

What type of soft tissue work?

Yea just a flush. Nothing deep.

4/23
Am back. Pullups and pull downs
pm tempo 10x100 easy and stretch
gym-3x3 high pulls
abs

4/24-off
4/25
Bench 3x3
tonight blocks
4x30

4/26
Warmup
4/27 meet
Rolling schedule. Meet start at 7 am. I arrived at 7:30 am. This meet was ass backwards. They would stop the meet to run an elite heat and then start again. The had all the kids running, stopped them and ran a 100 elit men and women, but they wouldn’t run the open at that time. This was at 10 am and I was very warm and ready. I begged em to let us run also. Nope. Wtf. The elite men ran 10.5 woop dee fucking doo. The elite women 11.8.

I can’t believe they stopped the meet for that shit. Then an hour later they stopped the kids from running the 100 again and put the hurdles on the track to run an elite 110. Wtf! It took them 20 minutes to put the hurdles out and run em. Then 10 minutes to take em off the track. Now I have warmed up 3 times thinking we about to run. It’s also taking 5 minutes between each heat of kids.

Open finally gets to run at 12:45. I’m now beat down from the sun and lack of shade. I have an ok start, then my partners watching the race say I cam up from 40-70 and walked away from the pack…then all hell broke loose, I tightened up like a rookie. I went from 10.8xx pace to 11.3. Which is what I ran.

I haven’t had a meet in more than a month and this meet felt like my first meet this season. Making dumb mistakes. Plus the multi warm up sun beat down didn’t help.

Wanted to run then200, but they were on pace for a 6pm 200 pop off…no thx. I decided to jump on a 4x1. I redeemed myself for my terrible 100. I ate up the winner of my heat in the open 100. He comes to me and says " damn, I’m glad u didn’t do that in our race"

Packed up my stuff and left. I hate aau meets. They refuse to accommodate adults.

I’m gonna do a light tempo/warmup today 4/28
There is a meet Monday 4/28 and 4pm.
I usually wouldn’t run but my lack of meets this season calls for me to run. Hopefully I’m recovered by tomorrow. After this meet, I’m gonna take some days off and just do easy tempo.

4/30
Decided not to run at the meet yesterday. It was raining and I knew I could get a good warm up. Plus since I had a meet saturday I wasnt hard pressed to spend my money. I also found out I ran into a -2 wind. I guess thats a good sign.
Going to do a recovery week. I only warmed up and stretched yesterday.

4/31
bench am- 5sets. 185x5,205x4,225x3,245x3,255x2
tempo 20x100 50m walk

5/1 am back
pull ups, pull downs

saw stretch guy after work

5/2
am bench-3x225x5
pm track- warmed up then the rain came. Ran to the car and sat for 30 mins until it let up. ran some strides to warmup again.
2x30 bs was gonna do more but rain started back up. did 3 min rest and ran 1x120 in a torrential downpour. 13.98. ran to car and gave up.
damn rain has been killing my workouts this week. luckily im on a recovery week.

5/3 off
5/4 6x200 90 sec rest
lil better than last time but still hurt. Had to take an extra minute after the 4th rep