Start coaching myself, need help

Tomorrow I will start coaching myself and I need some help to implement CF methods in my training for 100 m and, if possible, 200 m.
I have read CFTS and Key Concepts.

Until now I always followed a classical periodisation, L to S. I trained 3 - 4 times a week.
I come from a 2 weeks stop due to an injury, now I should be fine.

I thought to do something like this in the HI days:

Monday
clap starts
10 m and 30 m from the blocks
some 60s

pulls to chest (first part of a snatch)
squats

Wednesday
2-3 x 150 m

pulls to chest
squats

Friday
some 60s and 80s

pulls to chest
squats

When I have a race in the weekend, I would drop SE and move the HI days to tuesday and thursday.

Would it work? Any suggestions?

Hi there,

I am just curious, are you heading into the competition phase in June / July? How long have you been training for? How old are you?

What do you do for tempo / recovery work?

T

They say that a person who presents themselves in a court of law has a fool for a client …

Not to be harsh Sparrow, but it’s similar in most sports, simply because you tend to think yourself out of things and complicate it when things get difficult.

It would be great if you could get at least another person to help plan training - if only as a sounding board.

Is that possible?

Hello!
The competions started the 1st of May and will last until the 15th of July. I would like to return to race as soon as possible. The next will be the 12th of June.
I am 22 and have been training for six years, always three to four times per week, always with a classical periodisation.
I only did tempo in the beggining of the preparation period, for no more than six weeks, but i may restart.
For regeneration I do contrast showers and soft tissue work.

Sorry no23, what do you mean by “think yourself out of things and complicate it when things get difficult”? Unfortunately I do not know anyone who could help me. :frowning:

Here’s an example week:

Sunday: 6x60m @ 100% + 5x5 double leg bounds + weights (squats/bench/pull ups)

Monday: 5x100m + 5x200m on grass @ 50-60% + abs/stretches/massage

Tuesday: 2x2x30m sleds alternating with 2x2x30m w/ tailwind + plyos (side to side double leg bounds bounds 3x6 ) + throws (15-20 throws) + jump lunges (3x10m)

Wednesday: tempo (4x100s + 5x250s @ 75% speed ) + mobility drills

Thursday: easy 500 reps abs + flexibility work/massage or complete rest

Friday: 3x20m + (2x 200s + 1x150 @ 100%) + 2x30m bounding + 3x8 double leg bounds + weights (squats/bench)

Saturday: rest

If you get the general idea, it’s not very hard to get a basic and productive program. basically there’s one day of accel. work, one day of max.V, and one day of SE (speed/spec. endurance)

You’d basically do a post work out stretch after every workout + a contrast shower, protein, meals, etc. to aid recovery.

All tempo on grass.

All sprints done with tailwind behind you.

And basically, you can modify it however you want. you can make the sunday session to be flying 6x flying 20-30m sprints instead of 6x60m. You can make the tuesday strictly sleds or hills, with a increased volume, so 2x5x30m. Friday session can become 4x150s, 5x120s, 2-3x300s, 3x250s, etc etc as long as it’s SE work.

Move the days back and forth as needed.

Sometimes when coaching yourself it can be hard to be objective and look coldly at what you’re doing.

Having another objective opinion is a big help when coaching oneself.

as long as the coaching advice is coming from someone who has a good idea what they’re talking about.

Exact: I do not know anyone here who employs CF methods in his training.

Many thanks Track_man! As soon as I will be able to restart sprinting I will try what you suggested (yesterday on the track I realized I didn’t fully fix my injury).

Yesterday I thought I was ready to use the spikes and tried Track_man’s Sunday session, running with good times but after cooling down my foot started screaming for vengeance. :frowning: Maybe I was not so ready.

and…ten characters

Yea, that’s true. Some days I have internal struggles because I want to get out in the sun and sprint badly, but another part of me (the coach side) forces me to take another day off for recovery.

Good thing I’m naturally lazy so I tend not to overwork myself anyway.