400 walk/jog
willie x8
pc 2x2x70 2x75
pause box squat 2x3x75% of 3rm
1a: ip x3 x2 x2
1b: vert pull 2x8
planks 1 (30sec)
bike/stretch

May have to change the skip series because I caught some bad back spasms today from the jumps.

Fri: 1000
Warmup Z
5x200 34/3min (28-32)
400 walk/jog
mb russ toss 4x20
Circuit D: 2x10
ab circuit x20sec

*Notes later tonight.

Week 5: (Maint)
Mon: 440
Warmup C
4x30 blk
4xflys 30-20
2x60 35/blk
hurdle hops 5x10
bino x3
400 walk/jog
willie x8
hc 3 3 2
bs 2x3x75% of 3rm
1a: bp x3 x2 x2
1b: horz row 3x8
1c: russ twist 4x25
bike/stretch

I am getting more motivation to train now since my first meet is three weeks away, there are still several things that I need to clear up before this first race. Got a 90min massage Friday night and it felt great, I don’t think my muscle tone is back to normal yet but overall things are coming alone.

Over these next couple weeks I am going to clean up my diet a little, I can usually make changes in body comp pretty fast but I must cut out the late night ice cream and all the hostess snacks. We have a discount hostess store near by and I can’t stay away from it, every Sunday my girlfriend bake tons of homemade cookies etc for the football games; I have tons of bad habits that I need to stop.

You a closet fat kid that loves cake. lol

I’m gonna be the first person with 20% bodyfat who runs 10.4… :wink:

Man I feel you. My weekly football Sunday spot is always stocked. My friends’ mom makes the best food every week and never hesitates to say “there’s plenty left!” “help yourself!” “what you don’t like my lasagna?.” But the worst part is the candy and ice cream they keep stocked… chocolate with chocolate fudge, chocolate chunks, and peanut butter cups… I don’t stand a chance!

LOL, I am having a couple slices of papa’s murphy pizza and fudge track ice cream while watching this lame ravens game.

Tue: 900
Warmup A
3x300 55/4 (48-49, 52-53, 55)
400 walk/jog
mb toe touches 4x25
Circuits C: 2x10
ab circuit 20sec

Body still feels loaded but the runs are getting faster each week. I think I made the right decision with the low volume long tempo work this season.

Countdown: 19 Days…

BTW, those hyper complex really pump up those hamstrings. :slight_smile:

What events you gonna run?

60/200, ALL DAY BABY BOY! I may do a standing start for the 200m like I did last year.

lol why. what times you expecting? Down here in fla we gots no indoor meets. First meet aint till the end of Jan

It’s just a training run… I’m not making any promises or guarantees, only goal is run as fast as I ever have in a opening meet. This season will have a ton of very small goals so I can meet success alone the way - this is the Judge Mathis way to success!

lol too much afternoon tv. Will it be a all comers meet?

Naw, he has a great book. :wink: What is a all comers meet?

Hey RB… quick question. How do you embed the youtube video’s into posts? I’ve done it on other forums but it don’t seem to work on here.

Thanks

I will try again.

This should help…

Thur: 620
Warmup W
2x30 sled
2x40 blk
2x4x60 30/3/5
Skip series
A’s 3x30
400 walk/jog
willie x8
pc 2x3x70 2x75
spilt squat 2x5
1a: ip 2x3 x2
1b: vert pull 3x8
1c: planks 30sec
bike/stretch

Very good session, I made some changes to the skip/jump series and it felt 100 times better then last week mainly because I didn’t have any back problems. I decided to drop the squats on Thursday and perform spilt squats because I feel like the squats were making my hips and groin tight (not 100%, just an educated guess).

Edited Jump series:

STJ x3
VJ x3
2 step dunk x3 (Felt very explosive and quick off the ground)
1 leg jump x3
hurdle hops x5

Countdown: 17 Days

A meet where all comers can run. sign up when you arrive.