Javorek videos on You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/user/ijavorek

the kids’s execution is horrible

The WL video seems good, the others…execution awful…and the kids seems to come from an island without eating for 2 months…

I actually worked with Istvan in Kansas…he’s quite colorful. Very interesting guy. I’ll try to dig up some footage I did with him and Karim Rush of the Indiana Pacers.

Off topic- or actually on topic. Istvan has been the keynote speaker for the NSCA for the last 5 or six years-he knows his stuff.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Good find John - whats the story with this guy? is there a story?

actually, looking at some of his videos, i do a lot of what he is doing, just with a med ball instead.
Very hard workout, really gets the Heart rate going

Romania born Hungarian. Weightlifting coach. Coached several major performances in WL, such as D. Cioroslan and I. Tasnadi. Also, known for his attention to technique of technical lifts for Weighlifters (he doesn’t emphasise the same technique precision with non-weightlifters)

Got asylum in USA sometimes in the 80’s. He trained several more major performances there, such as W. Barnett (WL) and R. Barnes (Shotput).

Major proponent of complexes (a form of circuit training), he developed some very efficient complexes. Also, likes to work with dumbbells a lot in sports conditioning.

Goodhearted man, communicative with a joyful spirit.

His tape for “Weightlifting technique” demonstrated by W. Barnett , show very good technique and is IMO something to be emulated by other athletes.

He also has a book, “Complex Conditioning” a practical, how-to book. Nice book. I have one with his signature :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Dan. I might have to have a bit more of a look into the guy. Some interesting stuff in there to say the least.

I have complex conditioning. Great book. There’s a ton of written programs, complexes, etc… and many things in the book are sneaky good. At first glance it may not look that interesting, but at further inspection there’s some serious wisdom.

//youtu.be/N813agYFRTw

You are quite welcome, boldwarrior. Yes, he has a lot of interesting stuff.

Of course, there will be some coaches (some I heard even lurk on this board ) which will be fast to trash his approaches, and dismiss the book on the grounds of “too much volume”, but those guys simply forget that training loads is to be adjusted for every particular case, individually.

And they also forget that Javorek has results, while they are trailing light year away from same performances, while full of ego. They can only hope to become so successful, or influence positively the life of so many young man and women, as Istvan did / does.

I would rather - from a personal trainers perspective - follow somebody like Istvan and charlies ideas, methods than that of most other personal trainers whos ideas are at best, flawed. (well at my gym anyway)

esp some of this training will be greatly suited to footballers and the like that go to the gym and want/need some more conditioning/power without loosing strength. Nice.

I wish i had seen the link about 5-6wks ago before the aussie dollar died some 30% or more… i will get his stuff, and soon.

Tell that to Ian King. He’s charging US Dollars for all his products.

Its not a bad idea, charging US$ for web based items. It just sucks that the economy is in the way it is right now.

It beats pesos!

I have personally done his complexes. It’s some of the best GPP work and conditioning you can do for your athletes while at the same time getting their body ready for the olympic lifts! Buy his book its one of the few I recommend. I believe it gives a 12 week prescription for more advance complexes. The one shown on youtube is just the start, you will have a lot more fun (LOL) doing the advanced complexes. I know from personal experience.

http://istvanjavorek.com/book/book.pdf

i find it funny that men’s health put a smoker on their cover.

the complexes are great. if they are coached. intense gpp.