Mark Maclaughlins training methodics

Mark generally did not offer much info on there. His typical response would be something like “i use the omegawave so you can’t really understand what i am trying to develop”.
James might know.

You aren’t missing anything.

The OmegaWave simply confirms what good coaches should already know. It does not tell you what to do. I would be very concerned if a coach was telling you that the OmegaWave was the cornerstone of his or her approach.

Charlie has had a version of the OmegaWave built into his brain for decades. It’s called using his eyes, ears and hands (as well as his stopwatch and discussions with the athletes).

Brilliant!

More than anything I would use the OW to monitor your training and see what it tells you rather than using it as a guide.

According to my many conversations with him, Mark’s current methodological approach is influenced via two primary factors:

1. Diagnostic information from Omega Wave
  2. Training ideas he has formulated based upon his continued correspondence with Val Nasedkin as well as what he studies from Viru, Verkhoshansky, and others.

Mark also hired my friend Landon Evans, formerly of Illinois State, a few months ago and Landon uses more of a block approach.

This is all that I will say.

For any more information I would suggest to contact either Mark or Landon via the PTC website.

Tons of helpful information, why not share more. :wink:

I have contacted but he will not share information. Only people in the inner circle get information.

Ooooooo. How do I get into the inner cirlce??? wtf:rolleyes:

He use to be a real helpful guy but have change for the worst.

Why has he changed?

Most people I have meet who aren’t willing to help are either so full of s–t or are sick of other people taking there help and using it as there own.

Give me Charlie’s Omega Wave anyday. Worse case scenario Charlie can tell you to take a jump of a cliff.

Im not sure why he has change, his training style has even change, I wish him the best because it seems like his system is a success.

I think one of the reasons he does not share is because some of the information Val shares with him will eventually be made into a book. The other information that Val has given him was made public at a seminar at PTC, but Mark has promised not to share this information as the people who did attend paid a lot of money. Also I think that Mark wanted to give people the tools, but everyone wants everything handed 2 them.

Well when the book comes out we will see what it contains.

I’m always careful when someone says they have a secret - because there are none

Actually, if there are any, by definition, you’ll never hear about them. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be secret.

So a secret cannot be a secret then … interesting

Well, if I told you. I’d have to kill you.

I keep secrets, its just the people I tell that can’t :stuck_out_tongue:

If anyone has any specific questions, I will attempt to answer them.

I cannot verify what Mark has said to anyone previously in person, phone, or on elitefts. I can explain what I do at PTC and how I integrate the omegawave into the training process if anyone is interested. I will say it enlightens me on occasion, and confirms what I’ve been planning for. I do try to test the athletes I’m in charge of as much as possible just to get more data points for my own collection OCD needs.

I will state that Mark does utilize some of Val’s methodics, but I would say it’s more of a blend of, charlie, yuri, issurin, val, pfaff, etc.

Any no, there are no secrets. Again, I can’t verify anything Mark said if he did state anything like that, but in regards to Val’s methodics shared at his last lecture held at PTC, I can definitely tell everyone here that all the information shared is not new. I believe the way it was packaged, shared, and implemented is what Val wants to keep shared to people who paid for his lecture. Like trackfan stated, I think it is because he was talking about a book. With Val’s schedule though, I find it hard to believe he would have time to assemble a book.

Also, if anyone would rather discuss things over email, you can email me at levans@integra.net or call the number on the PTC website. I hold no secrets – I promise you that!