Interesting glute training article

agreed. Although, at times, one has to Lock -IN on one area or two at a time, due to Extreme tightness or such. Once that muscle is under control, next thing another one can be looked at or even only Found once one Above it has settled down.
eg
Some guys Traps are that Tight Overall that you cannot get in deep enough to find out if their Rhomboids are ok or not. Might take sometimes a whole session just to relax the Traps! (as an example)
Your right though, esp once healthy, everything must be trained as a unit. eg, After doing an upper body workout, its good to finnish off with some inn’ies and out’ies rotor cuff work. And same with the hips. It only takes a few minutes extra

Just for kicks, I had my biggest squatter (903# at the Lousianna APF State Championship) do some hip/glute thrusts, per his video, and my lifter said he had never felt anything hit so glute specific before. And this coming from someone that lives on GHR’s and Good Mornings of all varieties.

Very anecdotal, no EMG, but he liked them and felt they were in fact hitting the glutes very hard.

My chick clients are Loving it :slight_smile:

Yes! I was impressed with myself that I managed 3x20 single leg hip thrusts… but the DOMS in my glutes the next day was unlike any soreness I’ve experienced in the glutes before.

However, this exercise has contributed to aggravating the back on my knee’s… I may have been using to high a box…

Like anything, it takes time to get into a comfort zone, but the DOMS focused in the glute is interesting; my guy and his workout partner experienced the very same thing. And again, if you can generate DOMS in someone who squats extremely heavy twice a week, and includes a lot of glute/ham work like GHRs, SLDL, DL, RDL and Good Mornings, these movements are hitting something that’s not getting hit very directly, or very hard, by these other lifts.

How much benefit will translate to running/jumping is another question.

Thrusts from the floor or the ones where your upper back is up on a bench?

Yea I squat big, and do post. chain work religiously. I think as a supplement hip thrusts could work well, espiecially for activation…

And it was using a bench…

From the floor with weight. My guy (sore ham) went up to 275 x 8, his training partner went up to 350 x 8.

Instead of Suffering with a loaded bar across ya gut, try a thick piece of wood between you and the bar!

They used a foam sleave and some additional foam padding…yes the raw bar would rub you…well, raw.

I’ve used a towel around the foam pad with doing the barbell glute bridges for more padding, it works well.

This is very interesting!
I will be trying some tomorrow.

I was doing reverse leg presses all summer. Love them!