WHO IS THE STRONGEST

Who is the strongest sprinter, who lifts the most in the gym.

Out of
Dwain Chambers
Maurice Greene
Tim Montgomerry
Bernard Williams
Coby Miller
Ato Boldon

good question…
what does everyone think this should be based on?.. i say bench, squat, and olympic lifts and lets take each athletes body weight into consideration.

by just random guessing i think it may be ato.

its difficult to tell as we don’t know exact figures or have exact info also don’t forget it all boils down to who is the fastest on the track.i’d say TM would shock alot og these guys if efforts were broken down to body weight vs actual lifting weight

well lets go just by body weight to lifting weight…
im just curious as to what numbers these athletes put up in the gym.

first of all does anyone have exact body weights of these guys.

still think TM will come out top,i’d say his power=weight ratio is immense.i’m not saying this because he holds the WR,in my opinion MG is faster when taking the wind into consideration

I know Ato and Mo have different strength programs. Chambers is getting very big…and I think perhaps Ato is the strongest after looking at him deadlift, his upperbody strenth is not that impressive.

tim 5-10 155

mo 5-9 175 listed 180 on HSI

coby miller 5-9 185

bernard williams- 6-0 178

dwain 5-9 183

ato 5-9 180

i got these from numerous places including usatf.org , HSI site, and a few others.

these numbers have to be old. dwain is not 183 and i’d be suprised if mo is only 175 or 180.

mj,
where would be the best place to find updated profiles? or is this a virtually impossible task?

Originally posted by MR SHUMON COOL
Who is the strongest sprinter, who lifts the most in the gym.

Out of
Dwain Chambers
Maurice Greene
Tim Montgomerry
Bernard Williams
Coby Miller
Ato Boldon

Ato has stated that he could not bench over 300 becuase of his long arms. however, when considering somebodies muscle strength, I take leverage into account aswell, not just weight. In that respect Ato might have the same cubic inch muscle power in his upperbody as someone of the same weight who could bench 350. still, I think Mo is deffinately stronger than Ato. I’d agree with people that Tim will have the best strength to weight ratio, and would hold his own even without taking weight in to consideration.
As for Dwain, he’s maybe a way off his strength potential, but still, very strong. Also, he is not 5-9. He’s a 6 foot 200+pounder.

QUIKAZHELL,

I agree that it would be very hard, especially with Dwain. He gains weight like a lineman. I have heard that he is in the neighborhood of 210 - 215, but that may not be accurate either.

Dwain Chambers is 5"11 (183cm) on UKATHLETICS website.

Mo is exactly 179cm

Ato stated on his website 2-3 years ago that he had just increased his bench to 130kg but Mo was the king of the group for bench.

very difficult to find updated profiles of sprinters, because they usually increase their bodyweight during career…
for example, linford christie won the european title in 1986 weighting about 77 kg…(170 lbs) and looked really skinny…but he got bigger…when he won the barcelona games he was more than 92 kg (202lbs), but in all the media guide his listed bodyweigth was 77kg!!

I would go with tim montgomery since flexonline.com recently had an article how Tim has been working with a powerlifting and bodybuilding expert.

Who is the expert tim montgomery is working with?

Milos Sarcev

Milos is a former pro bodybuilder. From people I know who know him, I would say he is more an expert in hypertrophy and getting ripped than he is athletic prep. I am not sure he would understand the precision that it takes to integrate all the variables of a world class athlete. I would question recovery due to the fact that bodybuilding on a whole is an overtraining process. The only thing that saves pro bodybuilders from complete destruction is a boat load of anabolics.

bodybuilders are usually very knowledgeable on nutrition and recovery. They even started the dmso craze…