what are your goals for this session?

2005:
5,000 pts in heptathlon

Transition well to college…
Can’t make many goals yet since my season is still going.

I also want to start in the 400H 50-53 I would be satisfied with.

AHHH c’mon… There’s alway a damn catch. LOL

If you have some time send me the contact info @: john.beltrez@gs.com

thanks bro!

It’s not me!

I know road, not cycling.

As a senior in high school this year I ran 10.8 and 23.6 (indoor 200 time didn’t run it outdoors) both times HT. This coming season will be my freshman year in college. I want to run 10.8 F.A.T. and 21.9 F.A.T.

nycjay…

I suggest firing out a check to Jack Vandyke at Talisman, he is the man…say 50 USD and pick his brain for an hour…

as for new goals…

2 state records 800m track and 50 free in swimming----

My goals are not to get too injured. 17 seasons of hammer throwing, all joints are crap.

To be able to race in a 400 and not get beaten too badly. Or around 55 secs.

Be a good Uncle to my 3 day old niece. Get to take her with me to athletics and town shopping as a single man - it is lot of fun.

Become a better coach.

Clemson, it isn’t hard to be a hammer coach. All you need is a good eye and an understanding of the technical issues. Which from your skills you could pick easier than others. I was told by a hurdles coach pick a technical model that you think looks right and that is where you start. Simiarly to Hammer throw.

Hammer in America? It is not even an event in most high schools.

bite your tongue, Clemson. That’s all some of us “old young guys” have left to brag about! ;o)

Clemson, where are you located? Do you play 4, 7 or 8man? Anyone else on here a flag freak?

Hammer in America? Doesn’t worry me at all us Aussie need to beat you in something :wink:

i think that my goal will be to get under 50s in the 400, although that might not be next year (current PB 53’s).

I don’t know about hammer, but Jav is fun…(until a freshman throws one into your shoe :eek: thank goodness for nike air pockets :slight_smile: )

yea the aussies beat us when Judd Logan leaves.

Shooting for 50.5 and 23.2 (speed is bad) from 24.0 and 51.9 this year so far. My season has been halted by injury but when im back will hopefully get to 51.4 ish this august.

Gotta agree about Jud. There was another Hammer thrower, name escapes me at the mo, was pretty good as well.

The aussies record holder, Stuart Rendell, doesn’t seem to perform at big meets. Aaron Fish who I felt was the one of the best talents in hammer for a while, in Aus, had spit with management team about something and quit.

Hammer is fun, as is Javelin. But Javelin is one of the hardest events on your body. Athletism wise they are closer to long jumpers. Than hammer throwers, discus throwers and shot putters.

How the hell did you get jav in you? Quart

hehe, i got finished with workouts (distance run) early one day and decided to learn javilin (just for fun). Well, i was practicing form with no-runup, then the next thing i know i hear a huge pop and see a javilin in the heel of my running shoe. Turns out, a stupid frosh thought i couldn’t hit me from that distance, threw one behind me, it slid on the wet grass into my shoe. I was so startled that i lofted the jav out of my shoe when i jumped :). Luckily, only my shoe was a casualty. Man, i was upset at that guy. (it was my senior year of HS and i was PRing practically every meet).

THat made me think that i should stick to mid-dist (400/800, although i do just 400 right now). Anyone else have any near mis-hap throwing stories?

The only other story that can beat my jav one is when a high jump pit was blown by high winds into a 2-mile race (New Mexico can have crazy winds in the spring).

LOL.

I nearly killed a photographer. he was standing just inside the cage and hammer went over his by a 1 or 2. I was in a comp and 3 competitor threw hammers on track on back straight and they bounced pass the 1500m start.

The only thing I have done is turn up very sick, hungover, after a party and it wasn’t a pretty site

a girl on my team a looooong time back threw a javelin and pierced her boyfriend’s calf! I also had a teacher who took a shotput to the mouth as a kid and had to get all fake teeth…

There is a guy at the school where I train, that stabbed himself with his own javelin, went right through him. He was throwing hard and close in front, and he must have lost balance and fallen on the javelin. Anyway, the guy pulled the javelin out of himself and walked off the field, the teachers took him to the hospital, and when they saw the entry wound they said “you’re lucky it isn’t any bigger” he replied that he thought it was strange that his back hurt as well and sure enough there was an exit wound in his back.

He was operated on the same day, cos a bit of intestine got torn, and it could’v turned into a severe case of peritonitis, but the guy is ok now. I don’t know if he’s throwing again, but he’s still alive.

Wow…thats crazy!! That kinda reminds me of a story about me (but not as dangerous!) I was competing for my club at a meet and was asked to throw the jav for points (I’m a sprinter). So seeing how its done on TV and knowing how strong I am any way, I thought piece of cake! 60-70 metres no problem! I started my run up…crossing the legs as I approach the line (as you see the top guys doing on TV)…i released the Jav only for the tail to bounce of the back of my head and the jav to spin in the air like a fairground ride!! ha ha ha…I was then greeted with a red flag and a red face. I think I ran the best 200m race after that just to show everyone who saw that embarrassing Jav performance what my real speciality was! Lesson learnt: Stay on the track. :smiley:

hahahahaha, that’s a good story man, funny.