Top three coaches:

No love for clemson? Maybe I was the only one who read regeneration lab, but some of the stuff he did (especially with pool shark) was amazing.

On a side note, was boy to beast part 2 ever posted on elitefts? I saw that it would be on one of the last updates on rlab, but I never found it…

yes regeneration lab is awsome. so many great articles/ideas!!!

Chip Smith works at Competitive Edge in Georgia. Very good!

www.competitivesports.com

Chip Smith works at Competitive Edge in Georgia. Very good!

www.competitiveedgesports.com

Warren,

Could you give me some more information on Chip Smith? His facility is about 15 minutes from me, although his website seems to indicate he trains primarily football athletes. Have you had experiences with him or know if he trains track athletes?

Does some things right.

I didn’t have Chip Smith in the top 3, he was number 5. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike Boyle?

Mustang are you familiar with Mike Boyle and if so what are your thoughts?

Paul consults with more Pro athletes than many may think, he discloses names for legal reasons, many Athletes like his Holistic approach…Scateboarders, Surfers, Pro Football, Martial Artists…

Mike Boyle does a good job to, just takes a different approach…

I agree with many here on, Mel Siff, Louie Simmons, charlie Francis…

What do you guys think of Joe Defranco, Alywn Cosgrove, Ian King?

1. Dan Riley
  2. John Davies

I am familiar with Mike Boyle. He has definitely built a lucrative business. Just not sure he belongs up there with Siff, Francis, and others.

After viewing the athletes on chip’s site use tubing on their arms and hips to improve running speed I just don’t get it. All the cool toys…that’s right Batman came out today!

Chip Smith … sigh. Nothing special.

Cleaning then immediately shrugging for 15 reps w/ your 5RM clean weight.

Leg press heavy, then do all these crazy jumps on the vertimax for reps. “Since we did a slow movement, we want to counteract this with jumps.”

Wednesday (recovery day - haha). They get utterly dominated in the water (pool workout).

Harnesses, gizmos, etc. Fancy stuff regular guys have not seen, and think it’s the best thing since sliced bread. He definitely has a market though. Non-educated athletes believing more is better, and more gizmos you use, the better. There is a plethora of those type of athletes in this country.

end of rant.

edit: wow, his webpage is amazing. I encourage everyone to see the amazing technique his athletes are demonstrating to the public.
http://www.competitiveedgesports.com/videogallery.html then watch the “Training at CES”

WOW! You are absolutely 100% RIGHT!

He teaches his athletes to reverse barbell curls not CLEANS! This is apparent in the video link you described! An athlete is a representation of his coach. If the athlete is messing up this badly then just imagine what the coach actually does know? Also why would you videotape an athlete who doesn’t know how to clean? Answer: BC the coach doesn’t know the difference between a reverse barbell curl and a clean!

After seeing this clip, there are a few good things he does, Emphasis on FEW but many screwups IMHO. I will have to rank him based on the video tape as one of the worst coach’s I have seen!

yep, but perhaps one of the best marketing I’ve seen, anyone who doesn’t know a lot or is involved with people who know would be very impressed by his site

Also, I forgot to add that the facilities look really impressivo so they might buy into that too.

But my opinion best three coaches:

1. Charlie (undisputed)
  2. Clemson (heaps of knowledge and to tell the truth I’d love to pick his brain a lot more)
  3. not sure who I’d set as number 3, I’ll decide later on

And I just watched the video mentioned… what’s up with the freaky jumping jacks???

Perhaps there applying the idea of a clean where you try not to leave your feet for that long! LMFAO!

all the guys mentioned are tops guys but Christian Thibeadue is just a walking, talking encycolpedia of strength training

There you go guys, there’s my number 3!!! Chris “The Beast” Thib.!!!

thanks for reminding me Bigpump!!