Tights on Ice

I’m envious, I could probably get away with that when I was a bit younger but if I tried that now I’d be in a world of hurt! Back when I was a freshman I didn’t even have to warmup, just went out and started running.

RB34, yep, just a few sets of strides, going a little faster each time. If anything is feeling tight I will do some leg swings or something else to fix it, but not much else. And yeah, I intend to bump the distance up as conditioning allows. I want to be running repeat 200s before the season starts. If I can manage that, I’ll be in good shape for the first time in my life.

Thomas, you sound like an old man. Haha. :smiley:

and there is something wrong with that? :mad: …:stuck_out_tongue:

Good to see you back into it.

Why are you starting with 100’s and not accelerations and moving out? :confused: I would have thought that would be a better option for you.

Thanks John, it’s good to be back. And I’m starting with intensive tempo 100s because I really need to focus on my general fitness this year. I’m just going to shoot for a lot of volume at fairly high speeds and see where it leaves me. I’m not sure there’s going to be much rhyme or reason behind my progressions. I’m just going to go by feel.

Any plans to work towards 300’s?

His accel should be fairly strong from the weights, I have friends who run fairly decent 100’s off of zero accel/speed work. Everything is full speed in spikes but more speed endurance, 3x300, 3x150, 3x200, flying 100’s etc then moving towards block 60’s late session etc.

RB34, yeah, if I can ever convince myself I like the pain, I’ll work up to 300s.

And about the starting with 100s, I’m similar to your friend. My accel is always good, but I just need to get in more upright running and SE-type stuff.

Are those 300s etc full speed right off the bat?

that was my point, why not use that strength and build distance on to it rather than going into 100’s. And why no tempo for general fitness rather than SE? :confused:

RJ, I’m confused at the start of this log you were training for Bobsled but now you are talking about working up to 300’s. What are you planning?

No clue what I’m planning at this point. My ability to strength train is being killed off by a medication I’m on, but I’m cutting back my dosage. I want to sprint and do bobsled, but I’m not quite sure how I’m going to go about it all. Oh well, I’ll figure it out.

My own training has much less structure than anyone else I work with. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, this is part of the reason I’ve been training so little recently. I finished writing this book a little while ago and Kelly Baggett and I are still getting ready to release it. I just figured I’d link it up here to you guys before the launch.

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/EngineeringAnAthlete.html