Thibadeau's Book

ditto what jake’s da said. I still don’t have the download for the book and i ordered it this morning

Basically, pay pal verification will probably be slow this season due to last minute christmas shopping (even online). Since pay pal is one of the most popular (if not the most popular) method to use credit cards online, it’s going to be “bogged.”

It could take another day or so.

Hi Members,

You should all be able to download your order by logging into our onlinestore. ALL ORDERS up until last night have been filled. Please login to your accounts to get your purchase.

Thank you, further questions should be sent to “info@charliefrancis.com”.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Do you email the account when the order is processed so we know when we can download?

Sir,
I have purchased both of your books so I hope I am not overstepping my bounds asking you a question. You have really expanded my knowledge and I am thankfull for that. I was hopeing for more info on your Pendulum training but I can wait for book three.LOL My question is how might I put together a CAD workout for a pulling sport. I train some very well known NHB fighters and I would say that pulling is about 75% of the motor skills we use.

Thanks
Adam Singer

If that does not bother you, do you mind if I wait til the end of the day to respond? I juts woke up and have to leave for the track in 30 minutes.

Sir,
Post whenever you get a chance.
THanks
Adam

CT,
I know this is off topic but I was wondering could the use of power moves with light loads and the attempt of lowest coupling time possible have an advantage over pauses because it is kind of plyometric in nature(SSC) because of the fast ecc. portion, so would this be supierior to using pauses?

I have the same question, having just fininshed Chris T new book. I also was wondering if the pendulum system is superior to cad, and how would one modify both these methods for powerlifting or even olympic lifting. I have to say I wish I had access to all this information as well as the material presented by Louie Simmons when I started training in the 80s the field of strength and athletic development has come such a long way in such a short time. I thank everyone for their time.

It depends on what you want. With CAD you work on all aspect each workout. With Pend. training each goal changes each week, much like a week long block system. I would think the use of both would be best, CAD to build a base then Pend. to focus on power but maintain the strength gained in the off season. for ex.
Wk 1-Power
2-Power
3-Strength
4-Unload
5-Repeat

Pulling sports are a bit more complex because good ballistic pulling movements are somewhat hard to find.

Something along the line of:

1. Bent-over barbell rowing
  2. Straight-arm cable pulldown***
  3. Power clean from hang
  4. Medicine ball throws between your legs (think football long snap)*
  5. Medicine ball smash to the floor**
  • For the med ball throws between your legs you start from a standing position, leg spread wide, arms extended in front of you, holding the ball at arm’s lenght. Flex the trunk (downward) explosively and whip your arms between your legs to throw the ball back.

** This drill is somewhat similar to the preceding one. Start from a standing position, arms are stretched overhead, holding the medicine ball. What you want to do is to VIOLENTLY throw the ball straight down (just in front of your feet) by bending forward explosively and whiping your arms down.

*** For the straight-arms cable pulldown you are standing up, holding a straight bar attached to the high pulley. Bend the knees and trunk slightly (think athletic position). The arms should be straight and extended in front of you. Brace your body and pull down the bar down and toward you while keeping the arms straight.

The other workout thus becomes…

1. Medicine ball smash to the floor
  2. Medicine ball throws between your legs
  3. Power clean from hang
  4. Straight-arm cable pulldown
  5. Bent-over barbell rowing

Both systems have their advantages.

The CAD system will allow you to increase most strength-related capacities at the same time (limit strength, strength-speed, speed-strength, reactive-strength, etc.). The pendulum approach allows you to develop all these qualities in a relatively short period of time by concentrating on each one for a brief period.

The CAD system is better suited for athletes with an already strong base of physical capacities. Meaning that they do not need HUGE increases in any one quality, rather they need to fine tune their organism. Furthermore, the CAD system is good for an athlete who doesn’t have the capacity to spend a lot of time to devote to strength training. Excellent results can be seen with 2 weekly sessions. For those reasons the CAD system would be good for the late protion of the general preparatory phase and the early portion of the competition phase (where specific work begins to increase).

The pendulum approach is best used with athlete who have very low levels of physical development and/or more than one glaring strength-spectrum weaknesses. For that reason it is best suited for the early general preparation period.

However a sport-specific version of the pendulum approach can be used during the early and late competition phase. In that case the approach would look like this:

Week 1; Limit strength work
Week 2: Strength-speed work (explosive lift, olympic lifts…)
Week 3: Speed-strength work (ballistic lifts, jumps, throws…)
Week 4: no strength training, increase volume or qualityof specific work
Week 5: no strength training, increase volume or quality of specific work
Week 6: Strength-speed work and some limit strength work
Week 7: Speed-strength work
Week 8: no strength training, increase volume or quality of specific work
Week 9: Strength-speed work
Week 10: Speed-strength work
Week 11: no strength training, increase quality of specific work
Week 12: Unloading week, competition on day 6 or 7.

Furthermore, the CAD system can actually be included in a pendulum. Pendulum training is not a program, it’s a way of structuring training.

For example:

Week 1: Hypertrophy/Restorative* strength training
Week 2: Limit strength work
Week 3: CAD
Week 4: Jump and med ball throws training only
Week 5: CAD
Week 6: Limit strength work
Week 7: Hypertrophy/Restorative strength training

• An athlete can perform high reps, low intensity resistance exercises to unload the CNS and to increase blood flow to the muscles. Both of which will facilitate recovery from intensive training.

CT,

Good job on your new book. I’ve studied your advice on allocating the different training methods in a week (page 82). Earlier in the book, you recommended either a upper/lower split or a push/pull/legs split. I’m confused why upper and lower (albeit different methods) are trained M-T-H-F? Am I reading it incorrectly? How could the push/pull/legs split be done using the 4 methods in a 7-day week? Thanks. I appreciate your help.

im wondering what the file size is of this book? im on a 56k and just want to know wether i should wait and use my friends cable connected PC before i purchase it.

oh and how many pages? dont think my bubble jet can handle too many lol

Its not big at all, I think 2.66 megs.

154 pages.