Strength Block

Hi,
what Volume,Reps,Rest-sets and PROGRESSION in 4-12 week Strength Blocks(bodybuilder and powerlifter)?

There is a difference between BB and powerlifting, in powerlifting we can benefit a first period of hypetrophy, while in bb is better postpone it later.

A possible subperiods succession in the block strength in bb would be:

3 subperiods:

1. Morpho-physiological strength, low-impact on mass.
  2. Explosive Strength.
  3. Maximal Strength.

Or in 4 subperiods:

1. Morpho-physiological strength, low-impact on mass.
  2. Maximal strength (first period).
  3. Explosive strength.
  4. Maximal strength (final period).

Than in powerlifting 4 subperiods:

1. Morpho-physiological strength, low and high-impact on mass (Hypertrophy).
  3. Explosive strength.

The means are classified into 4 groups:

1. Concentric.
  2. Eccentric.
  3. Isometric.
  4. KEAT.

Than in powerlifting 4 subperiods:

1. Morpho-physiological strength, low and high-impact on mass (Hypertrophy).
  3. Explosive strength.

Thanx can I to have a example?Number sets,reps,rest between set,…?

Why do you think explosive strength is needed in BB ? I believe it has no influence whatsoever on the final grade of hypertrophy.

do you refer only for powerlifting?
It 'difficult without seeing the athlete.
What’s your level?
Age?
personal best ?
availability of time?
How many times can you train in a week?

Yes, it does not carry great hypertrophy, but the goal of subperiod is to improve synchronization and recruitment of neuromotors.

What’s your level? 2 age experience
Age? 19
personal best ? Bench Press 120-Squat170
availability of time?
How many times can you train in a week?3-4

At 19 years old , the stimulus must be multilateral, the intensity should rarely reach failure.

My philosophy provides a use of the means classified and used as in athletics, I do not imposed cumulative progressions, but I model on the state of athlete.

recruitment of motoneurons seems to be complete at a load of 85% of 1 RM in large muscles, and even less in some small muscles.

there is research pointing to this conclusion, you can find details in Neuromechanics of Human movement. by R. Enoka, which carries an impressive number of references at the end of each chapter.

of course, this data is changed in complex movements as squats, , cleans and so on.

As for synchronization, its , IMO, taken care of max-strength methods.

Did you ever had any practical experiences in which addition of a explosive strength block indubitably resulted in better overall hypertrophy of the body ? (As opposing to using only max-strength and hypertrophy oriented methods).

I dont speak here about the athleticism of the subject but strictly about the primary BB criteria: mass.

The practice is mine and of my athletes ,in that subperiods occurs a slight decrease in mass, but is not a block, it is a sub. with the aim of improving then the maximum strength of the following sub. This is also in westside (Dynamic Effort).

I proposed it long ago to Verkho and he was in agreement and appreciated.

This is not what I asked. I asked if you have empiric proof that in the end this ‘sub block’ was of any importance whatsoever in the final result.

I.e if the methodology where you add explosive strength was any better than the one which doesn’t in respect to the grade of hypertrophy.

The fact that Westside uses dynamic method does not proves anything, for using such methods in BBing.

For this we need a checked. For now I do so, I will first focus on ways to raise the maximum strength and then hypertrophy.
The effect of explosive sub. is contingent upon their effect only on the maximum strength of the block in full and then there are the effects of max strength on hypertrophy.

Do you never practice deadlif?

What is now your week split?

Deadlift 200Kg
Day1 Bench Day2 Squat
Day3 Deadlift

Have you ever tried to do squat and deadlift in two consecutive days?

How do you think can react to this?

would you be ready for 4 wo week?

Have you ever tried to do squat and deadlift in two consecutive days?No

How do you think can react to this?Not good

would you be ready for 4 wo week?No for 16 week
Excuse me for the English

Help!!!:slight_smile:

What do you think of this split?

Mon: bench+squat.

Wed: squat or deadlift.

Fri: deadlift+bench.

Obviously, the intensity should be increased gradually, and means for the two sessions of the same lift are different.

Good and sets/reps/rest?