Squat and clean ratio "problem"

but also you dont want to bog down doing 1-2hr programs bulking up ya Bi’s n Tri’s etc.

Pic a few exercises, say
Bench,
chins or rows
Squats - deads - RSLDL
Power cleans

basically, simply Complex movements requiring many muscles and lots of weight (lots for you).
These exercises you can then once done a x-section plan for say 2-3 months or such, you can continue to use them in your Strength workouts for a period of time - then back into doing higher reps and x-section work.

also remember -
heavy lifts = more recovery time
x-section work = limited recovery time (ie, its hard to fatigue a muscle if you give it too much time to recover)

I would stay with basic plyro’s for a yr or two at your age.
ie
explosive med ball throws
Jumping Up onto a box or such - not Down.
hope it helps.

Ok, i will stuck with a sarcoplasmatic hypertrophy program for some months. I won´t do arms since they are already hypertrophied. Creatine is discarted.

I will use front and back squats, leg extensions and curls, beginning with something like 4x12 and progressing towards 4x8, all between 60-70%.

Do you think that it´s a good idea to simultaneosly continue the power clean 3x3 progression?

Sure! - ya want to keep learning how to do it, no point dropping it off.

Your long levers (arms/legs) are (theoretically) going to help you generate more power as shown by your 5 x 154# in clean. On the flipside, those long levers, are going to make deep squatting a pain in the butt.

Since your training age is so low right now, all things considered, it looks as though you are on the right track.

I would have somebody look at your clean technique though.

Seven months after this thread was started I want to do an update on my situation after my season has come to an end:

I overtrained for april-may (pushed it too much in the gym), blew up my left hamstring and glute in june (kicked my but while sprinting) and resumed training in august.
Did accels in august, and max v work since september, the farthest I went was 80m. Long HS meets were you have to participate in multiple events also drained me a little bit.
Since then I have had just some groin slight pulls due to lack of mobility and I believe something isn’t right with my peroneal tendong in my left ankle since I have a weird feeling, all due to massively heelstring while long jumping. Going to have an MRI next week.

Even though I had anything but ideal training I had a tremendous progression and come back from disastrous knee injury last year:

BW progression:
April: 158 pounds
June:168 pounds
Now: 158 pounds

My LJ:
Aug: 6.19
Sep: 6.55 (6.80)
Oct: 6.63
Nov: 6.63 (7.01)

My average was extremelly consistent at 6.55 since september, hit 6.80 once in practice in september and in states had a big foul measured at 7.01. My only two jumps above 6.63 were the 6.80 and the 7.01 foul. Those were two big statistical anomalies. I still have a shitload of technical work to do. The 7.01 was done with a sail technique :slight_smile: . I won at states and placed 3rd at the u20 nat. champ… I also won a silver medal with a highly improvised 4x100 relay.

Last week in the junior nat. champ. I was the starter in the 4x100 and timed 10.9h from the start till the 300m mark. I also outsprinted some low 11 fat runners, so I believe I am in very low 11 shape.
The most impressive feat was splitting 51.x in the 4x400 as starter in extremelly windy conditions (like +5.8 for the 200 heats) off no lactate work.

I also gained some strength, my bp is now at 1x 154 and squat 5x 187.

During the hamstring injury I started throwing, already hit 35m with the 800g jav while throwing just from arm strength (still unable to coordinate the run up) and threw over 40m with the 1kg discus from standing. Perhaps I am gonna take part in a decathlon after all in the future just for fun.

When training for sports there is little to no reason to go beyond 1" bellow parallel in squats.

why is that?