Sample Jay Schroeder Program

Chris which is the most info packed of the 3? :slight_smile:

“The Training of the Weightlifter” by Roman is the best. It’s actually on Ebay right now for $11 cheaper than EFS. If my friend wouldn’t have already given me his, I’d buy it.

A System of Multi - Year Training in Weightlifting by Medvedyev sounds like the most interesting one…Drechsler scattered quotes from it all over the weightlifting encyclopedia…need to get my hands on this one…

Some quotes I found sometime ago on the net. SOunds good, great info!

Some things I thought you’d enjoy-taken from “The Training of the Weightlifter”, 2nd edition, by R.A. Roman-Fizkultura i spvt Publishers, Moscow, 1986:

From pages 72 & 73-some interesting opinions and tidbits from a different Soviet coach, regarding specific explosive strength tests and developmental drills:

"It has already been pointed out that it is necessary to display force quickly when executing the clean (and especially in the snatch and the jerk). If one compares results in the clean and jerk with results in jumping (without weight), then one finds that there is no correlation whatsoever, between them. However, a comparison of results in the clean and jerk with the results in jumping with 50% of bodyweight reveals: that athletes who jump the highest, generally jerk more. In other words, there is a correlation (moderate) between jumping height and results in the clean and jerk. Furthermore, not all athletes who have stronger legs (higher results in the back squat), have higher results in jumping with 50% of bodyweight, i.e., the correlation between the jumping and the squat is weak.

So, with two athletes of the same leg strength, the one with the higher results in jumping with 50% of bodyweight almost always cleans and jerks more weight; because he has a greater ability to quickly display strength.

In order to successfully jerk the barbell, the minimal jumping height (with 50% of bodyweight)should be: in the 75-100 kg classes for Class III lifters–44 cm, Class II–45 cm, Class I–46 cm, CMS–47 cm, MS–48 cm, MSIC–50 cm, world record holders–51 cm; for athletes in the lighter and heavier classes–approximately 2 cm lower.

For example, David Rigert (90-100 kg class) jumped 59 cm with 50% of bodyweight; Pavel Kuznyetsov (100 kg) --62 cm; Yuri Vardanyan (82.5 kg)-- 65 cm."

Very interesting. Roman goes on to discuss depth jumping and vertical jumps with a barbell on the shoulders as two primary special means to develop explosive strength. As we have talked about the depth jumps before, I’ll just throw in what he has to say about the jumps w/ barbell:

“Vertical jumps with a barbell on the shoulders is another method of developing explosive-strength. The amount of weight should be 20% of the limit clean and jerk. The athlete does approximately 12-18 jumps for a workout; 3-6 jumps per set. Jumps with a barbell can be done 2-3 times per week. If depth jumps are employed, barbell jumps are not included.”

I used to do the raw egg thing post training, but the samonella stories in the media put an end to that trick.

Please be advised EvoSport training by Jay can not be added to existing training plans like other bits and pieces of different training programs are.

EvoSport training is a systematic plan designed by Jay based on an athletes present development.

If you are interested in EvoSport training you must do it exclusively with no other training to achieve the results you are looking to achieve.

Denis,

I disagree that you can’t take parts of what Jay does and implement them into what you do to improve performance. If what you were saying was true, than no one would be able to do iso-holds or any of the plyometrics Jay uses. Also, since there’s barely any information on Jay’s programs, you would have to shell out big bucks to Jay to get an actual program which isn’t practical for most people. I’m not saying you that’ll you get anywhere near the same results as if you trained exclusively under the watchful eye of Jay, but I do think that you can take some of the things he does and successfully implement them into your own program and get good results.

Chris

I understand that Jay has the right to make all the money he can off of his ideas, and that he charges his athletes big bucks to get trained by him, but he’s being very unbenevolent about this. Nobody’s asking for a detailed program. We all just want to know how and why he does what it is he does. Just about all the other gurus (Louie, Charlie, etc.) share their info with us for little or no money. How much did Bondarchuck charge Jay to teach him what he knew?

can someone explain the reasons for this combination?
the hydrochloric acid bit is baffling me…
as well as the boiling of the sugar solution…

thanks

I’d imagine the only reason for boiling the solution is so that the sugarcan be absorbed into the soltuion.

Jay’s methods are nothing special. He produced one great athlete.BIG DEAL! Stop obsessing over him.

Who else has Jay Produced? This exercise looks dangerous for the shoulder.

take a look

Ben, that’s simply a silly remark. Jay brought up Rob Moore while he was a dinosaur. He’s worked with the Timberwolves too. Not to mention, Jay does not brag about who he trains. The program posted here is what he used for a college rugby team, do we know what team? No, because he’s very vague.
And nobody is obssesing over him. He has very interesting methods that we want to learn. Does that mean we will follow them to a T? Not necessarily. If we were obssesing over him, we’d buy his programs.

The key to evaluating any coach is to see dramatic change. So the fact that I worked in pro baseball in the major league level for three years mean anything? No. Since producing and working with someone is two different things. Here is what I love the most…

Let’s say you have one athlete that trains with a coach for the winter and competes for that HS team. Her club team coach credits himself since she trains and competes with him during the summer and trains during the spring and fall as well. The the PT credits himself since he is doing her shoulder rehab from overload of the two coaches. But he is unaware that on performance guy is doing the following…

(1) Sending her to an ART guy and massage therapist to set the shoulder up for healing while the dumb pt is having her balance on a dynodisc and drawing in for 3 sets of 10 seconds while doing internal and external tubing all day. He develops her back strength and core so her posture looks like a beauty pagent.

(2) Teaches her to skip practice at 430 am so she can sleep 8 hours. She attends two of the three workouts and does a hi low program of training low intensity after a very hard day by pointing out her “shoulder problem” that has been fixed by the performance coach. She knows how to train and modifiy poor loading schemes.

(3) Teaches her to lift since the other coaches suck and have her do reverse dips and behind the neck lat pull downs with upper cross syndrome.

(4) Gives her a complete nutrition program that has her go from 16% to eight percent with bringing back her menstration to a few times a year instead of none.

(5) Teaches her to elevate her scapulae in her stroke and other mechanical changes with only 6 sessions.

All take credit, but the man behind the results is never talked about.

CT,
Just a few questions,

1. Why add Vit. C and E?
  2. Why add the Vit. C and E in here at this time in the PWD?
  3. Why add the fish oils then?

Cheers

Henkra got his athletes driving sports cars, silvio’s running 4.0’s and all have done is watch a 15 year old in a crazy highschool in virginia run 11.11. I was amazed. Nice job mus.

how can you measure jumping while having 50% body-weight on your shoulders?

how do you measure your jump while having 50% of your body weight on your shoulders? any Ideas how these solviets did it? thanks,

Weighted vest, belt or tensiometric platform possibly were used in those tests.