Sample Jay Schroeder Program

3 mins? - gee I’d have terrible shakes holding for that long.

I just watched the video again, and I don’t mean to speculate, but Archuleta’s complexion is pretty bad for a 25 year old. He might be on something.

Can someone please explain double bounce and russian lunge methods?

I don’t know what he means by double bounce but “Russian Lunge” means after a bounce, jump in the air and land in a lunge.

There is truth to the rumors of mixing raw eggs with kool-aid for pre-workout as well as for general nutirtion.

Understand that the program posted above is JUST a sample-

Jay would modify around specific athlete’s needs for prformance in the given sport.

I cannot say for certain, but I’m 90% sure that the “special drink” used by Schroedder is on of the following:

No.1 1 hour before training and during the recovery period

• 100g of sugar in 8 ounces of water
  • Add 10 drops of pharmaceutical hydrochloric acid
  • Boil for 20 minutes
  • Add 0.5 grams of vitamin C and 8grams of citric acid

No.2 30-60 minutes before an intense workout

• 120g of sour cream
  • 60g sunflower-seed oil
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 100g of orange juice
  • 25g of lemon juice

These are taken from “Secrets of Soviet Sports Fitness and Training” by Yessis. Considering that Schroedder used much of the same sources as Yessis, it is quite possible (probable in fact) that he used the same formula (which he probably modified a bit).

Hey Tom, can you elaborate on the raw eggs and kool aid thing? What’s the rational behind it?

A 12oz. serving of Kool-Aid has 45g of sugar and eggs have a complete amino acid profile.

So basically a Kool-Aid + egg mix provides:

• Protein (6g per egg, or 3g per egg white)
  • Carbohydrates
  • Water
  • Some electrolytes

While this drink is nothing magical, it’s not as dumb as it sounds. As a post-workout drink you need proteins and fast absorbed carbs to trigger the restorative response.

There are lots of “recovery drinks/post-workout drinks” available on the market (Surge, Cytomax, Endurox, etc.) which are basically a mix of protein and simple carbohydrates. So a Kool-aid + egg white drink would be very similar in content (and thus in effect) to a commercial RD/PWD at a fraction of the cost.

Now, there is always the question of raw eggs being dangerous… so one could use a whey protein + kool-aid mix with the same effect as most commercial preparations. I add vitamin C (500-1000mg per portion), vitamin E (400iu per portion), fish oil (2g) and tyrosine (3-4g).

Thank you. Say Christian, is that “Secrets of Soviet Sports Fitness and Training” book any good? I know it’s cheap so I thought about buying it, but I’m not sure. It’s supposed to have Chinese training in there too. Is that true?

The book (Secrets of Soviet Sports and Fitness) is nothing extraordinary. And certainly nothing groundbreaking (maybe it was at the time of publication though).

It gives a few practical applications and some good exercises. However most of the book is on how the soviets were good, and we were bad, etc.

Now, as you say it’s cheap and you’ll learn a thing or two, but don’t expect much. You’d be better served by buying either:

• Managing the Training of Weightlifters by Laputin and Oleshko
  • The Training of the Weightlifter by Roman
  • A System of Multi - Year Training in Weightlifting by Medvedyev

All the methods explained in “Secrets of Soviet…” are covered in these books and much much more.

I always laugh when people talk of table sugar as an EVIL carbohydrate-

But if the Soviets used sugar then it is not bad but now the Secret carb behind the success of the soviets.

Roman’s book is pretty good. Although the ideas are for Weightlifters, I’ve been able to apply for baseball training.

Heard about the egg and kool-aid mixture at the Minneapolis site. Doesn’t seem to follow the recommended diet guidelines of 60% fat, 30% protein, and 10% carbohydrates. Although they couldn’t see to recommend too many meals that did.

60% fat? Where did you hear that?

EvoSport has a counterpart near Minneapolis…Denis Thompson heads the site…that was his diet recommendation although he seems to follow Jay’s lead…the ARP seems to be excellent for the rehab of soft tissue injuries

Is ARP worth it Bro?

Clemson-You will be the first to get the details…we have to finish the treatment cycle.

• Managing the Training of Weightlifters by Laputin and Oleshko
  • The Training of the Weightlifter by Roman
  • A System of Multi - Year Training in Weightlifting by Medvedyev

All the methods explained in “Secrets of Soviet…” are covered in these books and much much more.

any idea where these books are available from?
also supertraining?

ive tried everywhere i can think of and cant find any of them

thanks

www.dynamic-eleiko.com

www.elitefts.com