Ross looks to bare bones

That’s the problem, they have failed to accept the errors that have been made. It’s hard to make sure this will never happen again if you don’t see the error of your ways.

there are no errors - buy the CFTS and the Vancouver DVD set, learn them - then perhaps you will understand.

Its clear you dont understand the cfts at all. You might understand other principles, but not this one. If you did understand it, you would not be carrying on like this.

We are not at a General track and field place, we are at Charliefrancis.com - most here are here to find out how cf does things, and follow them through to the best we can. Badgering Nanny for doin so is a real low act.

Sharner,
you appear to have missed my earleir post which had some questions in it.

[i]Sharmer,
in your list of knowledge sources I didn’t see mention of CF. How much of his S-L methods do you understand? That is what Nanny is using as a template. It appears that is where some of the confusion may be.

Did you attend the Sydney seminar last year?

Suggesting JR spend time with CF sounds a great idea in theory but his aversion and reaction to periods of time overseas is well known. His issues aren’t going to be fixed short term regardless of who is coaching him.[/i]

Charlie didn’t like the fact that Ross was racing over 120m back in December. Go through the posts you will find it.

Not sure I agree with all this. CFTS is a guidebook, not a black and white plan. It also may not be suitable for all. Although this is cf.com I think discussion on altertnative training ideas and programs is very valid, and healthy.

I disagree with much of what Sharmer has written, and how he has expressed it. However he is raising issues and questioning, which is not a bad thing.

S-L - I have known two Olympians who trained with Charlie in Canada who both showed me their programs. Additionally their is one senior coach who was conversing with CF in regards to the some elite guys 10.2. I had access to all those materials. So I do have some valuable experience with S-L.

I didn’t go to the seminar but i did get the graphs and notes.

[b]

[/b]

That is not true. I was in Ross semi final. I have it on tape and he went flat out for the entire 120m. He even raced after the 120m semi final in the skins 70m.

Let me explain the skins 70m format to the forum. It involves repeat 70m races from 90 seconds recovery. After each race one runner is eliminated until the final two race off. It builds a high level of lactic and is a high risk event. Many pro coaches don’t allow their runners to race in the skins because of the high risk of injury.

Ross entered the skins with the intent to go all the rounds and win. I spoke to him, right before it. And said to him, “if handicaps are fair you should win”. Lucky for him he got eliminated after the first 70m since the handicaps were wrong.

Racing in the Skins 70m after 2x120 on grass. Big mistake :mad:

Hi Andrew

that week was just 1 of the 12 in this SPP with the speed reducing in volume as the weeks go on… we started at 1350m a week down to 800m a week in week 12…

most weeks wednesday was also a tempo day the boxing was during a wet day when forced indoors and inc the med ball workout x 2

But then again Charlie did not realise . . . (as posted previous page and conveniently ignored)

“In a perfect world, an athlete prepares as he pleases - not as he must. Finances being what they were, extremely bad, I suggest the pro circuit was a timely cash-cow. They were happy to have him appear under any circumstances then, no matter what they may say now.”

Sharmer Wrote: Let me explain the skins 70m format to the forum. It involves repeat 70m races from 90 seconds recovery. After each race one runner is eliminated until the final two race off. It builds a high level of lactic and is a high risk event. Many pro coaches don’t allow their runners to race in the skins because of the high risk of injury.

Baloney! :rolleyes:

Most pro-coaches and I certainly speak from experience having been around the sport since 1980 and talked, observed & trained with a lot more than Sharma has, do not worry too much about the skins format. They would only consider it high risk for an athlete who is underdone and not 100% fit.

Most pro-running coaches (certainly those in VIC & SA) train & prepare their athletes to run multiple times in the one day. The skins can be a walk in the park for a seasoned, race hardened pro. It should be not a risk at all - if you are trained for it.

Athletes can run up to 6 to 8 times in a day at a pro-meet. (H/S/F in the 70m, H/S/F in the 120m and H/F in the 300m or 400m).

It’s what we prepare for.

EG: Last night my main squad did 4 x 60’s off the blocks, flat out, within a few minutes of each other. It is a regular part of our training as is multiple runs from blocks for most pro squads.

They’re use to it.

It’s a matter of knowing your athletes and where they are in their preparation.

JR has won two Stawell Gifts, two Burnie gifts plus a range of other feature wins. That’s minimum 100k. Include the $8,000 from AA for going away with teams. That’s plenty of $. Yes he did say to me that he all of his pro money was gone. So obviously there are financial management questions to be answered.

You’re telling me he raced for the money. But the gift was worth $1,000, hardly much incentive to risk Olympic preparations over. And the sponsors in Burnie and the Bay weren’t willing to put up appearance money, they were willing to pay for flights & accommodation.

When John first went to train in LA under Smith he did it tough financially and emotionally. Being by yourself in LA amongst HSI isn’t easy. But he had men of steel behind him. They made the hard decisions and now they prosper from the rewards.

Any spin you try create won’t distort the facts. I am all too aware of what has happened.

You think Ross was ready and fit to race in the skins back in December? It’s not exactly CF theory to do all out repeat 70m sprints from blocks from 90 second recovery.

Brain Wright never lets his athletes run skins; he has been with the NSWAL for 25 years. Matt Barber would never let his sub 10.6 guys do the Skins format, after running rounds of the 120m. Gulliver would never risk Burgess with such a format, why risk Ross?

Regardless it was madness to let Ross race Skins in December. Anyone moronic fool could realise that.

I Wrote: “Most pro-running coaches (certainly those in VIC & SA) train & prepare their athletes to run multiple times in the one day. The skins can be a walk in the park for a seasoned, race hardened pro. It should be not a risk at all - if you are trained for it.”

What does VIC & SA mean? The last time I looked on a map the Murray River divided NSW & VIC and a little thing called the Nullarbor separated Perth WA from Adelaide SA.

Any moronic fool could realise that.

So what pro coaches would not allow their athletes to run skins according to Sharma:

Brian Wright - NSW
Matt Barber - WA
Bruce Gulliver - NSW…born & bred (albeit Vic based for the last few years).

Hardly representative of the majority of pro-coaches, certainly those in VIC & SA.

SA & Victoria (and Tasmania use to be until recent years) are the strongholds of pro-running in Australia - Most athletes, most meets and most dedicated & registered pro running coaches.

Skins would not be a part of the program if most coaches didn’t support them.

Any moronic fool could realise that too. :slight_smile:

You didn’t and couldn’t answer the real question, why was Ross racing in Skins race back in dec?

There is only one answer. It was a huge mistake. But you’re too chicken to say it, because you need to blindly stand up for your follow cronies.

This isn’t the Albany athletics forum, you need to be sharper here mate!

:stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve provided abundant evidence across your posts of just how Very Little you actually Know. You make a lot of assumptions and try to spin them as fact.

There can be a World of Difference between what a meet director tells You and what they will be willing to Do for a drawcard. If you haven’t understood that, you haven’t got any understanding of the game - especially the pro game. Who was the last drawcard you negotiated a pro meet appearance contract for? :rolleyes:

NOt only that, but i learned by the time i was like 10 that 99% of ALL athletes LIE. (as in, when you up competiting against them)
ie - They say, i cant run (if you dont know them)
or,
im gunna take the 1st half easy then go, but they do the opposite - ie, hoping that YOU in turn go the 1st half easy then they blow you away
etc etc.
If you are in a race with somebody, they will tell you one thing - CRAP. Especially if they know you.

I spoke to Joshua Ross at the Lampton gift at great length regarding the financial arrangement. The man himself told me in his own words what the Pro’s were wiling to pay him, only accommodation and flights. Nanny also said the same.

I was there at Lampton and you weren’t. So I was closer to the source than you.

Oh, I hadn’t realised you are Josh Ross’s second-best friend too. . .

Since you so firmly state how little I know. Maybe you can answer the question why was Ross racing in the skins 70m?

It couldn’t be money; it was worth maybe $300 max. What is the justification for doing 70x5 from blocks at max intensity from 90s recovery.