Olympic Potential of goldenchild

I’ve lately been curious about the athletic potential of a guy by the name of goldenchild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMp7KbtP-98

Clearly from this and other videos, the guy is a ridiculously high vertical jumper, and has insane elasticity. I highly doubt that he has done “proper training.” He’s likely just naturally capable of bouncing up 50 or so inches.

What could this guy do if put on a proper training program and coached by someone such as Charliefrancis? Obviously, one can’t precisely determine sprinting performance based on a running two legged jump but when you’re 10 standard deviations above the vertical jump average, I’d assume that with great training, you’d have to be at least a few standard deviations above the sprinting/high jump/long jump average. Sure there are guys like squatdr who can jump similarly high who are not olympic level sprinters. But squatdr has run elite level 60 m times and I believe has gone as fast as 10.22 seconds in the 100m. Goldenchild is jumping about as high having most likely, never set foot in a squat rack, and having likely done no training but calf raises, high rep body weight quarter squats, and endless plyos.

What are your guys thoughts on his potential to achieve elite/olympic status as a sprinter?

It’d be cool if someone could take this guy in as a project and see how far he could be taken. I’m sure he’d rather play ball but it’d be cool to see how far he could go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMp7KbtP-98

:eek: He’s looking down at the rim and at 6’1" unbelievable!

Look up Squatdr’s official meet times… he isn’t close to 10.2.

Or elite 60m times. Practice times don’t count.

Do you know goldenchild, if so tell him to come see us at Beast production in h-town.

I thought RJ said he ran legit 6.6-6.7 60m.

I thought he did.

If that’s true he’d be on something called the IAAF top list.

I wouldnt know because I dont even know who the guy is and really dont care.

don’t know goldenchild. Just seen his videos.

Who cares how fast he is- look at the height!!

Is he in a European pro league?
Edit: How about any of these guys?
//youtu.be/bHTVssD4KFY

I think the rim is lowered on one of those dunks (that they replay several times), to be honest. When I get back from holidays, I’ll calculate the vertical leap in his dunks and update you in about 5 days.

Rim is lowered? Y’all don’t understand. Maybe the one in the parking lot is somehow low but how can you say the ones at the indoor court are?

At least one of these guys is from Toronto. Time to get back on the recruiting trail?

As far as I know, there’s more money in track than in making dunking videos on youtube. But from a pure enjoyment standpoint, I’d probably prefer doing his dunks than running decently fast times.

goldenchild is in tfb along with t-dub whos 5’ 9" and gets his head higher. t-dub has the biggest vertical ive ever see. if you are comparing sprinting potential check out air up there he 6 2" and the same if not better hops than goldnchild

and that video was justin darlington not goldenchild

A lot of indoor rims are adjustable. Perhaps it’s the camera angle that makes him look likes he’s getting higher than he really is. I’ll figure out his vertical leap from the dunk at 1:36 on the weekend once I get home.

t-dub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR-S_tOxruw