Morning meets ?

Thanks for your input coach Francis !
I just got back from the meet… I had the fastest 60 of all, and my last 40 improved ALOT from last year, but it’s still my weaker part. I am having a hard time relaxing, though in training i feel great. Maybe it was the super hard 10 year old track ? It was like concrete.

Expect the last 40 to improve when you are through the SPP and into comp when you’ll have a lower overall workload and therefore you’ll be looser etc.

Hmm that’s encouraging !
Right now I am trying to decide if I should ditch the second Speed session of the week for a Special endurance one in the 250m rage, for the remaining 5 weeks.
On one hand, SE is naturally the weakness of heavier guys like me (just under 210 right now, 6’3) on the other hand, I am not running no 6.5’s so … I just know that my 7.1 60, currently, does not give me a sub 11, even though it should.

My friend filmed the race, I will post it on this site when I get it :slight_smile: I would be grateful if some of you let me know what it looks like.

I will reply to your e-mail later, but in a nutshell stick to the plan! Your top speed seems to be getting there and this will make your life easier once you start working more specifically on your SE and progressively de-loading. No 250s for now all of a sudden! That’s my opinion. Also, a 7.10" gives an 11.08" and a 7.04" a 10.98" (all FAT). More to come from you, I am sure! :cool:

What did you end up running in that meet?

11.40 something into a 2ms headwind … :frowning: clearly unacceptable, but if you add the sleepless night, concrete like track and the wind (which must have been like minus 20 at the 60m mark, i just hit a brick wall) I guess I should be at 11.2 if everything was in place.

Pretty good for march ? I guess ? Sprinting is harder on your mind than on your body, i’m telling you… :slight_smile: People tell me to run and have fun, forget the times… but I can’t, I can see myself running faster and faster, but in reality it happens at a much slower rate than in my mind.

Bottom line… As long as I improve I am thankful … Not having a coach is also a factor… The most respectful guy in here thinks any training above 80% with 100m runners will cause injuries and that sprints under 80m is not training

Good to have CF.com board…

Minus 20 winds?

Is this a -2.0 m/sec or a -0.2 m/sec, as you e-mailed me? :confused:

-2.0 sir !

Then nothing to worry about, really! :cool:

Its hard doing tt’s when your not actually ready for them.
Your half way through Spp - i would be looking at Training improving from wk to wk, not 100m races improving wk to wk at this stage, that come at end of Spp when you start Comp phase. As your aware im sure.
As we discussed, you did by sounds of things a good hard 60m. I wouldnt expect anything else at this stage, ie after 60m, that comes later as discussed above in previous posts.
0.4 of a sec off where you will be at comp season - how many factors do we though at for the 0.4 = 1st early morning run
= high head winds
= middle of Spp
= push to 60m then trying to relax

im like “0.4, is that all?”

A -2.0 wind is alot more than .2 I’d figure. Perhaps 11.1 or 11.0 as you are fighting the wind with loaded muscles. I would not react and change the SE to anything longer now. Just let things work out for you and you’ll be fine

Heh, that’s great ! I dont like these 250-300m sprints…

I will keep doing the 120-150m work as advised, and see how it goes…
Back to training then ! I am now convinced it was a great “test” and everything is working as it should.

Will update soon with the video !

Thanks Charlie, Mark and Nick!

For earlly meets I try to get to sleep earlier. IF you can try to get some extra sleep during the days leading up to the meet. If I have to run at 9 or 10 I will wake up at 5 in the morning. I do like a little jog and strettch when I wake up. Just make sure you get enough sleep .

Cool, so you get up at least 4 hours before the meet just like Nick said. I will definitely try to get 4-5 hours when the big round meets come. I will have to start changing my sleep habits starting today though… No more 2am national geographic :slight_smile:

Heres a couple pictures from that race, I felt something was terribly wrong, now I realize that I was JOGGING ! (technique wise)
I’m the heat winner.

Where is my arm movement ? … I thought I looked a bit more powerful. I guess I literally “RELAXED” ! Heh.
I also step too much in front no ? I did feel I was “fighting” to over-reach during the last 40m.

I think it looks good technically. the arms are just passing each other so it looks like they aren’t moving. By the time the foot is in full contact, the CM will be just about moving over it.

Who were you racing against, middle school kids. :slight_smile: Just joking, you blew them out!

lol I was thinking the same thing.

Thank you Charlie ! I really can’t wait to explode without the wind.
Hah ! Actually the guy in the speedsuit behind me is running 10.8-11.20 most of the time.
The 10.5 guy in the first heat ran 11.3, I am sure the wind was more than minus 2 at a certain point of the race, at around 60m we all felt a huge breeze. I don’t know how they measure wind though…