help for the Pro combine

RDL’s are just like SLDL’s except you just slightly bend knee’s instead of having them straight. An example of tempo would be 10x100yds running only at 75% with 30sec rest imbetween. Also do Pushups and Crunches during that 30sec of rest, this is only supposed to be active recovery, so make sure you only run at 75%. Running a 4.6 electronically would be good enough.

dude they dont use electronic at tryouts, its all ht. where do u play fb at?

I play in a 3A school called West Trojans in Waco, and Im only 15yrs right now so, Ive got a lot to learn still and a lot of growing to do.

the tryouts are handtimed on turf. no cleats allowed so i figured a track is more similar to turf than grass is. at least to me

for tempo running is 100yards what i should be doing even tho im only goin to be running 40yds at tryouts or should i go less then 100yds?

is this how my workouts should be based?

Monday: Lift & Sprints at 100%

Tuesday: Tempo Running

Wednesday: Lift & Sprints at 100%

Thursday: Tempo Running

Friday: Lift & Sprints at 100%

Saturday: Tempo Running

because what ive been doing is on tues, thurs & sat instead of tempo ill run sprints 100% and mon, wed & fri Lift but dont run at all. which should i be doing?

Stay at 100yds, tempo is for recovery not speed. So stay below 75% dont worry about getting near 75%, at or below 75% is what you are aiming for, recovery not work.

I see too many people who dont understand the point of tempo push their self into the 80-85% range and end up killing theirselves after a couple weeks.

The first way you have outlined is better, more room for recovery 48hrs instead of 24 between sessions.

the way its outlined in the 1st one is the way i have it on the one i just did.

mon wed fri = speed & weights

Tue & thurs = tempo

sat & sun off??

Is this correct?

yep you got it

well i just tape my last run and was watching it and i think i found somthing. I think you guys call it a twist. Im pushing off my foot from the inside. instead of my toe pointing at the finish when it hits the ground its pointed 20-30 degrees out. its not actually twisting on the ground but right before the foot actually hits the ground.

Thats not right is it? How can i correct this or is because its natural to me i should just work with it?

anyone have any idea on what i can do to correct this?

The usual cause of overrotation is improper arm action- usually the arms driven too far back and not enough in front. Think of pulling the hands down rather than back- they’l go back as far as they need to and will come forward easily. Try it and report back.

damn thats good…ill try that and report back thanx a whole lot

you should post the film, that would really help

how do i do that…i have the film on my computer but how do i link it so yous can see

click on manage attackments and browse.

open up ur video in movie maker, compress into wav, save to hardrive, put it up on putfile.com

here ya guys go…i dont know if its gonna be enough but its what i got

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/lacassius/?action=view&current=7283a001.flv

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/lacassius/?action=view&current=082f0383.flv

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/lacassius/?action=view&current=04f3a786.flv

anything yous can see that will help me please let me know

2 quick things, ur stance front foot should be at least one shoe length behind line. and ur transition phase it bad gradually make the transition.

what do you mean about the transition

u coming out with ur head down trying to use the so call drive phase tech but when u come up u r just throwing ur head back, it should be gradually.

got ya…“so called” drive tech? do you not use that?