gpp/spp strength training

Well depends on your in-sport schedule and your rationale behind supersetting them. How intensive do you think practices will be?

bro everything im talking bout in this thread will be offseason training for track, like i said in my last post starting in late aug

Oh right. I assumed ball practice in the fall.
Supersetting the stuff doesn’t really provide that much of an advantage imo, it’ll just tire you out much quicker. The only time I’ve seen advantagous supersetting is for stimulus changes in bodybuilding. If you need to get the workout done because of time constraints then do it to get it in by all means, just make sure your getting proper recovery obviously.

Holy hell this became a long thread fast. I have used speed partial deadlifts (top end) in the past (2x20 reps 20% max). I’m a big fan of Caster’s stuff.

About the gpp. I would keep the squats lower reps (<12) and just do more sets to get your total load.

Haha yea we had an IM session on here.

How did you find the partials? Good/bad?

ill try and speak for him, it went well.

Progressing in a lift for an athlete should involve just getting stronger, not finding more favourable leverages IMHO.

I loved Caster posts myself.

have you ever done speed dl?

4-5 years ago…but since I also OL, I didn’t used them long enough to judge

Why dont you do military presses intead of jerks then as an OL’er. I don’t see what your getting at.

It’s not like he’s using a machine to lift weights for him. There’s no problem in being able to choose your exercises…

Because it is completely different…in the jerks you use your legs…in MP arms and shoulders…was reffering to the exercise itself…not just lifting the highest…example compare benche press to 5 board press, not to lunges…

I know that’s what I meant…

Jerks allow you to lift more weight so technically thats finding an advantagous position…

5board press to bench press is completely different though. 5board is to build top portion of the lift its not a substitute for an actual bench press. Are you talking about using partials opposed to full on deadlifts? Things like that? If that’s what your talking about I completely agree but something like not using a trap bar becuase its advantagous over straight…that we will continue to debate lol.