Coaches in Texas?

Hello all,

I’m going to be summering in Austin, TX for July and August, and would love to find a coach to work with while I’m down there.

Does anybody know of anyone decent in Austin, or not too far off that I could potentially do my speed work with at least?

Any help would be appreciated!

T

Frank Ortiz BS, CSCS, ART / USATF II
Sports Therapist / Track & Field Coach
Austin, Texas / frankiejr2001@yahoo.com
www.advocare.com/10022741

if i were you id head south to uni of houston. floyd heard leroy burrell kyle/tom tellez…

Will they be willing to share?

as far as i know they do alot of camps during the summer…just ask? dosen’t hurt!

I like the idea of the camps. I will definitely check into it. Is there anyone else who’s reputable coaching out of Austin? Any more leads would be appreciated, even if they aren’t solid ones.

The guy I mentioned is very solid, knows his stuff. He’s willing to spend a lot of time and effort with you. You won’t be disappointed.

No kidding?! Tellez does
camps? I have an office in Houston i need to visit…

You have any contact info? Call the school?

Thanks Ku2u,

I will give Frank a call this week. I am optimistic we can make something work. Obviously with him being a therapist he will be on top of the muscle tightness issues that I have. He sounds great, I’ll let you know how it goes! Thanks again for the lead.

T

burrell and tellez wont I asked a few years back and they just directed me to other coaching sources. If you are enrolled in UH then yes maybe I will try in grad school.

If you run 10.2 they will help. I wouldn’t spend my time helping some guy who runs 11.0 either unless he was fam.

RB i think you are talking total BS. i know the above are willing to help even if your not top drawer level…highly approachable people

X are they doing any seminars this year?

as far as i know tom still does a few seminars at nearly the age of 80!!

I notice most of the better coaches will help and teach just about anyone. You may not get the attention of the 10.0 guy but they will help, teach and instruct. Charlie, Tellez, JS has non world class people in his group, Franno has non world class in his group of 80.

Is anyone seriously interested if they are doing seminars? That’s something I wouldn’t want to miss. I can give them a call and see what the story is.

T

I guess when they really love what they do… It’s never really work. Plus the fact that are not looking to build their reputation by attaching themselves to a big name athlete… We’ve all seen the Ben Johnson coat tail riding bottom feeding A-holes who need to do stuff like that… Pretty pathetic.

Maybe your talking total BS… READ “spdydre” post before you go talking shit… I know several 10.3-10.5 runners who already tried talking to the U of H staff. Who cares what the U of H staff is doing, go talk to Mark Guthrie he does wayyyy more with wayyy less.

LOL, I know several so “call” top coaches won’t even talk to you unless your 10.3, they may even laugh in your face. Go buy Charlie products and hook up with Derek for some technical sessions.

They’ll talk to you… if you’re a high powered earner that can pay them $1,000 /week.