Cf strength training during spp

lets say if you only have 2hrs just an example, and u r saying to extend the warmup that means i will have to decrease the workout? the workout below took about 90min including the warmup i listed:
2x30
4x30
2x3x20 efe
2x60

Depending on the performance level, you’ve got 30 to 40 min work there, unless the athletes are world class needing big recoveries. Even then, that would usually be a bit later in the phase. In any event, you need to take whatever time you need to warm up. if you are out of step with the needs of the others, do something earlier in the day to get the metabolism going to make your own warm-up easier.

ok, ill try ur advice and add small static strecthes, we run in the morning around 1045 and lift around 3-6pm

i have only just started being alert by then!

Charlie, what about using a Tens (ems) to loosen the legs just before you go training? Ie, turn up to track, ems, warm up, sprint. or
15min warm up - notice your particually tight, ems, 30min warm up and train?
Can the Tens (ems) be used to loosen up that close?

Sure, you can do that. I would assume this would be at home, some distance/time from the stadium or gym, so it has to be sufficient.
Experimentation will be needed as everyone is different. the only common rule is: the more muscular the athlete, the more time it will likely take to warm up.

i agree the more muscular an athlete is the more time it takes to warmup, i have very thick quads and hammy.

are you finding the quads need some time to warm up too, or just the hammies and glutes area.
For me, my hammies are much denser and are stronger than my quads, and i find that the hammies need much more warming up, everything else is warm pretty quick (say 20-30min), wereas the hammies, still only feel half way warm.

my whole lower body. my builds fill slow as shit probably 15sec for 60m. lol

hey cf would training for the 225rep bp while following the spp program be to risky?

the two programs i used with success:

program 1:

225x100reps but i have< to about 30reps since i am during more running:

program 2:
250 max reps
25 bands
rest 3min

250 max reps
25 bands
rest 3min

225 max reps
25 bands
rest 2min

225 max reps
25 bands
rest 2mn

155 max reps
25 bands
rest 2min

135 max reps
25 bands

I’m frankly not sure but we did have a very wide base on the pyramid and the strength levels were high enough that I can’t see a problem. Ben did 2 x (10 x 365) so I don’t think a high no of 225s would be an issue.
The only guy I worked with who had to do the test was a sprinter/football player and he did 24 at a bw of 190 with a windy 10.11 100m.
I asked the two major NFL receivers I worked with what their 40s were and neither had ever been tested!
I tested one of them after a rehab session here and I got him in under 4.2 and he looked so easy I suspect he had a bit more in the tank.

how tall where these guys? have u work with any fb players and had success with getting faster like 4.6 to 4.3-4.4 or most of the guys u worked with came to u fast?

The sprinter was 5ft11in and both receivers are listed at 6ft but I can tell you that one must be pushing 6ft2in

have u work with any fb players and had success with getting faster like 4.6 to 4.3-4.4 or most of the guys u worked with came to u fast?

Well I never got a sprinter faster than 11 sec to start with in my original group so I can produce speed from scretch.
I’m not much of a marketer so most of the guys I work with are referred by their teams, often for rehab etc, or I get them after I’ve been brought in by the team to work with their S and C guys or therapists.

i understand that but those athletes u had for long periods, what if you had 6-8 weeks?

Try me and see!

lol. you should make another dvd like you did with the guy ashley mort but this time have me in it, i bet it sell esp for the team sports etc.

you should be able to answer that pretty closely your-self UT… YOu have been doing specific CF workouts for what? 9wks?
HOw have your times progressed - (training times)

Also, much in the way of improvement comes from so many different variables. Age, training age, current strenght levels, body fat %, time available for training, work commitments - the list goes on. Somebody off lesser talent can run faster that somebody of high talent in a given time frame due to many outside variables.

I would image, in a 6-8wk block, not much in actuall top speed will increase, but strength if currently is weak will improve acc times, general fitness will be improved helping recovery between efforts so the later efforts will be faster, speed endurance will improve if worked on (not a case in most footballers as they dont need it). it strenght is strong, acc will improve sooner and lead to development of top speed sooner than that of the guy who has to work a lot on his base strength levels.

i cant say right now, havent done any timing or testing. give me about another 8 weeks when i have my first workout with this indoor team and first indoor meet in 9 weeks. if i had to say now i dont feel to fast, but im also loading like hell right now. :slight_smile:

I’d like to imagine I could contribute a little to the listed workouts with individualization and adjustments as well as techniques. i didn’t just post the workouts with the sprinters- I was there every day.