Cf strength training during spp

how much of the running r u doing? and whats ur pr?

This could be an interesting item.

Would a CNS of a 12s runner recover at the same rate as a 10s runner? Would the 12s runner recover quicker? Can the 12s guy apply more volume or less volume and more often?

I would imagine, if his CNS is not as great, it would tax out earlier, but recover quicker. Therefore, a volume cut would be in order, and the frequency would stay at 3 x per wk. in tempo days, perhaps more work on med balls (explosive) and some axullary work in the gym - higher reps.

AN example could be,
11.5 - 12sec runner, Half the volume on power days, full volume on tempo, with added Med balls and axulary work in gym

11-11.5 70% of volume in power/speed days.
full tempo, normal med balls and axulary gym.

10.5 - 11. 85% of volume. Normal tempo days

Faster guys, Normal CFTS

thoughts?

I definitely wasn’t advocating that # of ex. with, at least, in one case, a substitution suggested and in the other NOT doing both hypers and ghr’s on same day. I’d get it down to at the very least, just 4 ex. per day.

ur volume may be correct, but everyone is diff and respond to vol diff.

agreed. i bet a big reason for the difference would come down down to a mixture of the following.

1. previous training experience
  2. diet
  3. available massage, actupuncture, ect
  4. using protein, vits, minerals, and various supplements
  5. Doiing the program corretly, after all, its ones interpretation of it that counts, Particually with no experience in training, one can be confused.
  6. sleep
  7. work habbits - i have been doing fitting/welding for the last 5yrs, energy levels after a 12hr work day are very minute. Whereas last 2months i am doing study only = tons of energy.
  8. Age - i turn 31next wk, but still giving it a go and feel able, just not as hungry as when i was 21.

you MAY have a point.

just thought i would post todays strength training session:

Wed:
bar warmup
power jerk 4x3
hc 3x70 x75 2x80 x85 x85 x80
snatch dl/slj x2 4x3x80x390
core 250

bar warmup: 5reps of following drills
hang snatch
snatch press
overhead squat

hey im looking at ur program again why are u only pc once a week. try something like this for ur spp:

mon:
heavy pc
med squat
heavy bp

wed:
med hang clean
med snatch dl
incline

fri:
med pc
heavy squat
med bp

if you must u could possibly add in 1 or 2 aux lifts but keep the vol low 2-3x5-8reps.

Im only doing cleans once a week due to lack of available facilities.

What im thinking about now is

tues
bp
squat
dl

thurs
clean
ghr
bp

sat
bp
squat
dl

and am going to do low back and other auxialry lifts as part of circuits on tempo days with low weight.

You’d probably want to switch the order for Tues/Sat putting the dl or squat first in the order. Place the ex. which involves the greatest number of motor units first.

I will do that thanks. I dont plan on going to heavy with the deadlifts as I have read enough times on this site that heavy heavy deadlifts would burn me out

follow the setup i gave you, theres no need to do squat and dl in the same session

I agree, it’s better to spread out the exercises which are so CNS intensive throughout the week rather than on certain days. Just make sure to do the primary lifts like cleans, snatches, deadlifts or squats first. If you do an olympic lift and squat on same day do the oly first.(high skill/high speed first in workout)

ok guys this will be my last time posting my strength sesssion here, but this is what i did today.

Mon:
bar warmup
pc 2x85x275 285x90 300x95 300x1x95 300x2x95 285x90
bsq/hurdle jumps x5 420x2x80 445x2x85 420x2x80 445x2x85
push press 4x3
core 250

Good weight for the cleans: how do you find your speed abilities on the track follow/correlate with your strength levels? Have you found that your speed/acceleration steadily improves with increasing strength?

He should find his speed inproving, not so much due to the weights, but due to everything. Its the first thim he has knocked off a CF.com GPP and is what, 3 weeks/ish into a Spp1?? Overall, his fitness, strength, power, endurance and speed should all be moving along nicely and together.
Unless your not saying something UT??

hey cf do you think my strength training is playing a role in my tightness/stiffness it took me so long to get warm today, i didnt get juiced up till the end of my workout, below you can see my warmup:

Warmup C:
Jog skip 400m
Dynamic flexibility series 1
Sprint Drills series 1
Buildup runs 2x

Series 1:
Dynamic flexibility:
fire hydrants circuit 6x
scissors 6x
leg swings 6x
scorpion 6x

Series 1:
Sprint Drills:
reactivity 2x20
a skip 2x20
b skip 2x20
a run 2x20
str leg bound 2x20
fast leg alt 2x20

THEN I DID 2X30 STANDING, 4X30 3 POINT,THEN EFE AND 60’S, I DIDNT REALLY FEEL GOOD TILL THE THIRD OR FOURTH 3 POINT 30. I WOULD SAY TODAY WAS MY WORST WORKOUT THIS FALL.

Mix in more exercises at the beginning and don’t be afraid to do a bit of static stretching before the dynamic stuff. Generally, though, the tighter you are, the more you keep moving and spend very brief times on the stretching just to check where you are- don’t force anything. Don’t be surprised if it takes an hour to warm up in heavy training periods - as you can see, you were really just finished warming up towards to middle of your main body of work

all make sense, but what if you are working with other athletes and there is a time factor involved. also i remember u saying once if an athlete is tight that he should reduce the strength work, (cfts).

True but that assumes that a complete warm up has been done