Cf strength training during spp

that would be very diffcult bc like i said earlier i love during my pc or ps and bsq in each session, but hey if u think it be best - ill give it a try.

Just for a short time to see how it makes things go- then you can decide how you want to adjust longer term.

im not trying to question what you are saying here but do you think it would be better to < the number of sets instead of pc once a week and bsq twice a week?

that’s just what I prefer.

hey cf what do u think about during bb circuits on my tempo days something like below:

Circuit A:
Leg curls
twist lunges
good mornings
bent rows
lat pd bh
dips
bh sh press
leg ext
twist situps
hang leg lifts
russ twist

Circuit B:
single leg curl
sdl
good mornings
bent row
lat pd fr
bh press
single leg ext
weight ball crunch
hang leg lift side
russ twist
weighted v up

ok so i bump my sets down from 5-6sets to 4 sets. for example this week 4x3x80, next week 3x80, 2x85, 3x80, 2x85

How many reps of each and how many times through the circuit and how much weight?

you would pick one circuit go through it twice for 8-12reps with very very little weight, most of the drills would be done with the med ball ex: med ball twisting lunges or 45lb weight bar.

tue:
warmup + hurdles
bb circuits A
med circuits

thur:
warmup + hurdles
tread runs
bb circuit B

HERE ANOTHER CIRCUIT I HAVE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS:

gs circuit 2:

1. 10 Pushups
  2. 20s Prone Stability
  3. 20 Sit-Ups
  4. 10 Lateral Ankle Hops
  5. 20 Mountain Climbers
  6. 20s Left Lateral Stability
  7. 15 Leg Lifts
  8. 8 Split Squat Jumps
  9. 8 Side Lunges
  10. 20s Right Lateral Stability
  11. 15 Russian Twist Sit-ups w/ medball
  12. 8 Burpees w/pushup
  13. 15 Medball overhead Presses
  14. 20s Medball Overhead hold
  15. 15 bench lraises
  16. 10 front to back hop
  17. 8 Lunges
  18. 20s Pushup stability
  19. 15s Superman stability
  20. 5-5-5 Squats/jump squats/reactive squats

after chatting with you guys today this is what i did in the weight room:

Mon:
bar warmup
pc 3x70 x75 2x80 275x85 x85 x80
bsq/drop j x5 4x3x80x420
bp 3x5x295
core 250

upper hammy felt weird during squats, i have a problem with going too deep, so i will do ems and ice tonite.

is pc = power clean

Drop jumps?

just dropping from a box and sticking it, im dropping them.

How does this weight plan look to others, any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful

Tues:
Back Squat
Bench Press
hypercomplex
Glute Ham Raise
Pull Ups

Thurs
Power cleans
Bench Press
Hypercomplex
pull ups

Sat
Back Squat
Bench press
Hypercomplex
Glute Ham Raise
Pull Ups

Is this to much, to little, add in anything take away anthing, thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

dude look through this thread cf has answer alot of questions regarding strength training during the spp phase. no need for all the hypercomplex gh pullups. and u can do ol each of the three days’.

hey cf legs are kinda tight today, im taking a look at david w manual and i think his %'s would fit very nice with your spp program:

3 week cycle:

wk 1:
mon:
4x3x78.5
wed:
4x3x74
fri:
4x3x74

wk 2:
mon:
4x3x82.5
wed:
4x3x78.5
fri:
4x3x78.5

wk 3:
mon:
3x94
wed:
3x3x87.5
fri:
3x3x87.5

well the reason I posted that was to continue on the gpp weight scheme. Or is that because we are in SPP the focus should be on olympic lifts that all others be dropped. To me it doesnt make sense to drop the other lifts especially like the hypercomplex to keep the erector spinae strong.

thoughts?

A thought occured are the olympic lifts the focus on sprint or high intensity days and now all others are moved to the low intensity with low weight and more reps to make more of a circuit?

Or is it possible to keep lifts like GHR and pulls on high int days?

As far as Hypers and Ghr I like them both but even thought they provide work for slightly different areas-obviously one more on the erectors and one on the hams, I don’t think I’d do them on the same day. Not a bad thing, I think, just a little redundant.
Chins are great but why not a more horizontal pull also like some kind of a row-dumbbell, bent row, etc. and the chins on the other day(s)-hit the back in a different manner.

if he is doing all the spp speed work and pc/bsq/bp there is no need for all the aux, trust me i know first hand.

I understand that at the higher levels the stimulus is so high from the speed work that not a lot of lifts is required. But as a not so elite athlete wouldnt those auxilary lifts be important to do as the cns stress is not as high for me when i complete sprints. And those other lifts such as shoulder press, GHR, hypercomplex, pull ups which are apart of the GPP weight scheme would help in the strength development.

Thoughts, or what have others tried or do