CF and Crew HELP!!

Also Add some potassium. And drink atleast half gallon of water before u run.

Mon: Day 9:
2x10x10 (in CC flats)
hurdle hops 6x5
pc 4x2x80%
bs 2x1x365
db bp 4x4
db row/hypers-bob 3x6

Overall the training session went very well today and its looking good for Sat. Added an extra set to all sprint drills today.

Tue: Day 10
2xems sessions 20mins:
Ice and heat:
Warm-up W
2x4x100 cross way walk

I was able to acc to a certain degree before I started to feel pain, overall the workout went well but I was still disappointed.

Wed: Day 11:
2xems sessions 20mins:
Ice and heat:
Sauna 20mins:
2x5x20 (2xstanding/2xface down/2xpushup/4x3pt)
1x55 20m intensity limit
Hurdle hops 3x5
Stair rebounds 3x10
jump squats 3x5x65
push press 3x3
pullups/slow leg curls 3x10/3x5

Today’s workout was probably around 85-90%, I did feel a little pain on some of the sprints. Trying to stay positive and keep my faith that I will be healthy on Saturday.

It’s getting close to meet time. how crucial is this meet anyway? BTW Rub Aspercreme Forte or Flexal 454 combined with heat rub on the hamstring, cover it loosely with plastic wrap (like part of a garbage bag, put on your sweatpants and sleep with it on overnight and see how it responds (you can do that each night for several days. Did you try the ZMA?
If it doesn’t feel better, you need to consider staying out of the meet.

I have two more meets reminding for this indoor season (this week and next week). I have flexal, but what is heat rub? For the past few days I have been using 454 and covering the hamstring with a ace bandage… Thursday is going to be a rest/rehab day and Friday will be my final tune up (1x20-30-40 blocks and mb throws x5)… BTW, I have the zma…

I made a deal with myself, if I am not able to get at least one workout at 95-100% then I will not race on Saturday…

Damn Charlie that plastic bag had my hamstring smoking last night…

yup- that’s why they call it a “blister” with horses (of course they use much hotter stuff called Absorbine Senior under the wrap!)
But does it feel any better?

Yes it does, can I give it a try throughout the day? Also whats your thoughts on “Equi-Block”?

I will have to try this. I have had a nagging hammy since June of last year. :frowning:

Charlie what should I do for my final tune workout tomm morning to see where the hamstring is?

Thur: Day 12
Round 1:
Ems session: 40mins
Cold treatment: 30mins
Heat pad: 30mins
CF heating method: 2-4hrs

Round 2:
Ems session: 20mins
Cold treatment: 30mins
Heat pad: 45mins
CF heating method: overnight

Overall the hamstring is getting better can’t wait to see how the hamstring feels Friday morning…

All you can or should do is warm up thoroughly in a relaxed manner with very careful stretching to see how you feel. There is no point in testing anything at this point as all you would do is loose one day you have for recovery. If you feel good now, the test will come in the warm-up for the meet itself. Give yourself some extra time to get ready and be sure NOT to overstretch before the speed portion of the warm up. A series of progressive accelerations should let you know if you are ok to race. If you have doubts then- scrub it.

Fri: Day 13:
Full Warmup (Jog-Skip 400m), Quick Static stretch, Mobility drills, Sprint drills, 3-5x30 acc.
Mb throws: ohb 1x5
20-30-40 3pt: ( 20 and 30-CC flats, 40-spikes)
Cooldown: 200m jog

Rehab work will be very similar to yesterday (ems, cold/heat treatment, and CF heating method).

Overall the workout went well, still not 100% but I will rehab today and may head to the track tomm morning for a quick warmup to see how things feel before heading to the meet…

My meet is about a 60mins away, would you recommend a quick warmup before I take off, I would hate to drive 60mins and find out during warmups I cant go. Also would you recommend any ems or heating cream before warmups etc?

Meet warmup: 20mins ems on the road to the meet, apply heating cream before warmup.

jog-skip: 800m

static stretch 7 drillsx15sec hold

mobility drills 15 drills x10reps

sprint drills 5 drills x30m

Buildups 3x30

hurdle hops 2x3

Spikes: starts and sub max flys

REST 10min and drink fluids

I’d do a light jog first thing in the am to get the blood moving before the trip- this is alway a good idea anyway- especially when a meet doesn’t have heats or if the heats will be tough.
Rest of the warmup sounds good if it is your normal routine

Thanks for all the help Charlie, when you say a light jog does this mean a normal warmup or just jog for 8-12mins?

I was thinking something like this:

Jog-skip 400m

Quick static stretch 6 drills x 15sec

Mobility drills: 6 drills x10 reps

Sprint drills (a skip, b skip, running a’s) 1x30

Acc: 3x30 75-95%

Cooldown: 200m jog

I would just do a 3 or 4 min jog and then some sit ups and push ups without any stretching at that point. Save the mobility/stretching for the actual warmup after you’ve let the body temp increase from a few hours earlier make things easier for you. Hope you feel better.

He dont even need to drive to the track for that, probably could jog 5mins in his basement? I’m curious why no builds or throws?

Delete double post.