can sex and training go hand and hand

Leutinizing hormone -

GNRH stimulates the basophilic cells of the anterior pituitary at the base of the brain to secrete Leutinizing Hormone (LH) and Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH). LH hormone stimulates the Leydig cells, in the interstitial tissue of the testes, to convert cholesterol into T. Specifically, LH promotes the synthesis of a protein that transports cholesterol into the mitochondria, the site of the conversion.

hey i know this thread is old, but can someone verify that sex etc. is good for females pre-comp? :o don’t mean to get too personal, but this information would be quite helpful with nationals coming up this weekend…

Hmmm… Sex into a slight headwind. I’ve never tried it that way.

Obviously, not recommended for masturbators. :stuck_out_tongue:

K, you gonna call your boyfriend I assume?

haha actually me and my bf are on an extended break- it took up faaaar too much of my energy (EMOTIONAL!) to deal with a relationship during the season last year…
i could call him up or call up another suitor :wink: but my concerns were more along the lines of the “etc” which i included in my question on purpose :cool:

there’s sex and there’s SEX. i think it’s great to get the blood flowing (no pun intended) like a good warm -up. On speed days some light sex first thing in the morning, can’t be bad.

but if you’re talking SEX (wild monkey-style), that may be too much, plus injury potential increases!
:stuck_out_tongue:

F all of you who have a problem trying to AVOID sex before competition.

LOL Agree. You Bastards

hahahaha sorry guys.
with comp on saturday i don’t know if it’s even worth it to hold off at this point, but does anyone know for future reference if i am safe doing my thang pre-comp? i have yet to hear something definite… :cool:

through my experiences its all mental.

You may wish to try, um, a controlled experiment. This time do and see how you respond(I mean in competition) and next time don’t and see . . .
Relaxation is sposta be good for sprints . . .

I think on mental grounds alone I’ll be much happier and thus perform better… at least that is the hope.
oh so lovely not to worry about T! :cool:
but seriously, I was just curious about the science behind the principle.

One thing you can’t deny is that it’s great for the abs. Burn baby, burn…

Yeah… how many “abs” points do you get?

Honestly, who’s counting?

About 5 years back I had sex the day before my conference meet (wild monkey sex). That day (the day I had sex) I PRed in the semis at 20.99. The very next day (the day after the sex), I pulled my hamstring coming off the turn in finals and was not able to run at Nationals 2 weeks later. So again in my experiences I agree with what t-bone is saying.

If u r in the missionary position then you’ll work your abs and front delts very well. However, if u r tall and your feet stick out the end of the bed you may have to use your knees as a pivot point whilst your hips r banging up and down and there will be allmost no quadracep activation.

What volume and intensity does the forum recomend? Also, what about speed of contraction? Do any of u use visualization techniques whilst performing?

Strictly Hindbrain, Goose! :stuck_out_tongue:

hahaha this has taken an interesting turn…
i guess all i need to watch out for is the extended hamstring stretching. :smiley:

Wow, that’s my fav position! <Italian voice> How you doin?

I think that as long as you don’t get all wild and crazy, S&M shit you’re good to go. I noticed I at least practice better afterwards, haven’t tried comp yet. Hmm…

Kra? :cool: