Any USATF Level 1-3 Coaches Here?

If there are any level 1-3 coaches here I am curious as to your opinion of the certification process, and how skewed or not the curriculum presents itself.

Being NSCA CSCS and USAW Club Coach certified, I ask this question of you USATF coaches, because much of what was covered in the NSCA and USAW curriculums was only retained long enough to pass the exams, as I am not in agreement with many of their teachings. So if you get where I am coming from you will understand the context with which I ask your opinion of the USATF process.

Any comments would be appreciated.

James

I am Level II in sprints. In my opinion the certification process is ok but that is probably just because on this forum for over 2 years we have been talking about everything in greater depth than at level 2 school and I have learned so much that i really didint pick up thatttttt much there. Basically it reinforces alot of what you know which makes you feel good and the best thing about the certification process is networking. You meet alot of great people.

How old to you have to be to take the Level 1 test for USATF? Is there any things you have to do in order to go and try to get level 1 certified? I plan on going to a level 1 sprints for USATF after I graduate from high school

I will be level III certified next year…then I will be a guru?

You don’t get to be a guru until you publish a book and get your own supplement line.

I am screwed…both are happening this year!

Heaven preserve us.

18 i believe

We are waiting in anticipation!!!

So is this puruance of the highest level of accreditation an illustration of your interest in the curriculum/furthering your skill set, or do you take pleasure in adding to your certification collection?LOL

In all seriousness, I am interested in your answer.

Being Level I Certified, Level II in the Sprints, Hurdles, and Relays, and atttended Level III in the sprints-

I would goto a Level II School where there is a Level III School at the same time.

All the instructors at Level II and Level III Schools have been very personable and willing to discuss things throughout the week and for that matter after the fact.

As for what you will get out of the certification process that depends on your background and pursuing information outside the classroom.

As with most seminars and tradeshows if you really want to get the 411-

Head to the social gatherings at the local bars pull the credit card out and start buying drinks. Then you get the real info and good stories from the coaching world.

Are you required to pass level 1 before you can go for level 2, and so forth, or can jump/skip levels?

Tom’s right…most of the key info is in the hallways with the shadow coaches telling what is really going on and why things work.

Frit…regenerationlab has been closed for a while…get ready for some action!

You have to pass Level I before going to Level II and then pass Level II before receiving credit for attending Level III.

You could goto Level III before passing the other levels but you will not get credit for attending until you have passed Level II (and Level I).

“Head to the social gatherings at the local bars pull the credit card out and start buying drinks. Then you get the real info and good stories from the coaching world.”

You got that rightt!!!

Man i cant wait for the new stuff, ive been re reading your old articles!!!

Still Aug 31st?

I’ll take that drink- but you can come on here for free, read a little for low cost and have more info than you need to go a long way!

Frit17,

Clemson just took some photo shoots a few days ago and has dropped a lot of clients to work with a Triple Jumper. Her squat has gone from 145 to 225 in a month and she has gotten leaner. She is fun to watch because she does all of the cool plyometric combos. We liked having you over at the dangeroom.Pool Shark is ripped as hell!!!

PS - Clemson has a cute lady friend that he trains for FREE. Dirty Dirty Dirty.

exactly why i said in my first post…

“In my opinion the certification process is ok but that is probably just because on this forum for over 2 years we have been talking about everything in greater depth than at level 2 school and I have learned so much that i really didint pick up thatttttt much there”

You basically need to go there for the piece of paper and while your there milk it for all you can.