analyse this

I agree more with your last sentence. Effort is better put in the ‘knee up’ action rather than the ‘heel up/back’ one, which happens naturally, it’s the ‘outcome’. Good flexibility in hips/quads seems a prerequisite for this to happen, as it should. Others?

The faster you run the more pronounced the heel up stepping over the knee. As you have said it happens naturally

Agreed. if you rush the recovery, you’ll cut off some of the power at the end of the stroke and risk a quad pull.

Looks like you were right.

Love to hear what the spin doctors are saying.

Almost everything! :stuck_out_tongue: Not a straight line out of the blocks. Very high heel recovery (you want it to stay low) etc… Having said that I watched her train a few days ago and if she sorts out the acceleration she will run 6.90/10.4x. At 40m her upright running technique is almost perfect in terms of achieving all the positions you need to maintain max velocity. I haven’t seen technique like this in a female before. Does anyone have any good slow motion footage of her when she was running slower from a few seasons back. I would like to see what has changed.

I’ve been looking for a close view slow-mo but it’s tough since the cameras are always on the middle of the track and she would be in an outer lane back then. Best I’ve found so far:

//youtu.be/O-98WPRTgp0

Don’t forget to change the quality to 480p.

Thanks, as you say it’s difficult to tell. She ran 11.17 back then which is no slouch but it appears she lacks the leg stiffness she has now and the swing leg lags slightly more because of it. I also get the impression she collapses slightly and the free hip isn’t popping up as quickly so she can’t use the elastic energy stored in her IT band as well.

From what i can tell her technique hasn’t changed that much but she now just has the stiffness and strength to execute with perfect relaxation - which is why her arm action looks better now. That extra stiffness allows her to more elastic off the ground and hence she uses less energy with each stride. If you were talent spotting you could tell she had the potential back then if you looked carefully. It’s amazing what can be achieved if you can just put it all together.

She has just got stronger and stiffer, I don’t understand the stiffer bit.

Could you suggest other athletes ready for a talent spotter.

Dawn Sowell, back around 89. Disappeared within a year or so, certainly could have run faster had she hung around but she found interests away from the track - God and babies, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Z0hUYFFT8&feature=related

Did Jeter just turn on the Jets or did Laverne have some miss step late? Either a great race to watch. :cool: …Oh and the head on shot is incredible.

//youtu.be/Q-Z0hUYFFT8&feature

Whatever she is doing/taking is working without a doubt.

//youtu.be/5iShI9WadjU

Is Gay top end speed this much superior then Powell?

//youtu.be/Y7mBSetyGfU&feature

No, you’re confusing top speed with the ability to hold speed. Powell has typically struggled immensely with the last 30m of a race, and this example is no different. Gay wasn’t really catching Powell very quickly during the top speed portion of the race, but he flew by Powell in the end.

LOL, if you say.

Looks like I mixed up some words there. Please re-read the edited version to see what I meant.

Low heal recovery did wonders for Muna Lee at the start after leaving LA.

I would be tentative to change what Jeter is doing…if I were her coach.

[QUOTE=Football28;231254]Is Gay top end speed this much superior then Powell?

I would have to say yes

[quote="“Chris6878,post:4,topic:43357”]

I agree, he’s starting to suck up Powell at 45-60m.