60m race

this is a video of me at race on sunday. any analysis and race breakdown are all welcome !

im in lane 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsf9XYkFX2E&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

not very much of an expert myself, but what was your time? jc

You had a great start. I thought your drive phase was great and your arm movement was great as well, untill towards the end it appeared that you tightened up on your upperbody and arm swing, but it it could just be the video and I didnt see anything major.

Yea, I agree. Good start out to 30m.

Strong start, I agree with speedster, you look like you pressed a bit and locked up when your opponent got on your hip. Tough angle as it changed from coming to going so maybe I missed something? How did you fell about it? How was your time versus historical results?

i think the camera angle made it look like his start was great and his finish wasn’t so great

hey guys yeah i got out on everyone, not quite as much as it seems on the video, was about a metre or so on the field. i dont normally get a good start out or drive for as long as i didso i was kinda suprised which i think it showed with a bit of a jolt of my head maybe half way in? and yeah thats what i felt, i tightened up quite a bit i think when he got on my shoulder.

i ran 7.54 in that racee quite alot away from my p.b 7.32 but was my first race of the season and i havnt managed to train quite as hard as i did last year due to uni (final year) and travelling to see my girlfriend in spain normally every 3-4 weeks so id get 3-4 weeks in then id miss a week so just feels like im losing what ive built in that3-4 week period by the time im bk :frowning: does anyone know a way of working around this? i don have access to a track but i can do gym, circuits, theres a good hill there with quite a steep gradient…

also do you think its achievable to get down to my p.b. if not further by 14/15th march? i have 2 races before then 23rd feb and 6th march…

i also changed my block setting at the start of the week to bring them closer together and closer to the line. i had a problem where i would drag my 2nd step (kinda like what asafa powell use to do but obvs not quite the same outcome lol) which stopped once i moved by blocks closer toegther. i also use to pop up quite early like my drive was really short which was improved once i moved my blocks closer to the line. i think this helped my block clearance and put me in better angles when i came out?

these are just some thoughts and changes ive made which i think paid of techniqually… i just need to work on getting in shape now.

and keep accelerating for longer, it will not feel as powerful but is required none the less

what do you mean by this?

Good leg speed/frequency.

I think increasing your glute strength in particular would lengthen out your stride length more (horizontal propulsion). My problem was too much frequency in the beginning.

It seems your landing flat footed?, collapsing at the ankle & losing energy?, not sure though. My times dropped significantly when I started to develop/train my ankles/calves isometrically, far more solid now. The fastest runners seem to have extreme isometric strength so they don’t collapse at the ankle, knee and hip at ground contact, resulting in shorter ground contact times.

As always, your core (powerhouse) & elasticity can never be too great.

some good stuff there radio and everyone else , thanks guys :). ive always have a good turn over but lacked in stride length, even for my height or limb length.

what excercises should i do for best gains in glute strength? and also isometric excercises? i currently do squats cleans and split squats.

A lot of great stuff said.
It did also appear your Hip aligment was out - Drops at the front, Causing a big curve in the lower back, prevents the foot from landing correctly - hence why Race Radio picked up on your feet landing funny.

A stronger Hip flexor - more elastic hip flexor - stronger Core to hold hip alignment will also help (potentially a tight Recus Femus also?

Otherwise, there are a lot of good stuff you’re doing right. Keep it up

Gotta agree with everybody. Personally I would take the advice of what everybody said. Keep working hard, improvement is bound to happen