Who is fastest- oly lifters who don't sprint or sprinters who don't lift?

Of course and I appreciate this. This idea just keep floating around in my mind.

I dont think you give anything up, except for maybe an extra weight session which I dont think is neccesary if your a sprinter. If anything I think you gain by rearranging the schedule, you get more quality because of lower plyo volume and lower lifting frequency as well the long time between weight session, allowing for better sprint sessions. Thats just my idea in theory.

So, as I said in an earlier post, in theory it would be the way to go but from a practical standpoint and for whats been tested its not optimal?

Don - you are one patient man!

Yeah and like I said…

The time was irrelevant, he won gold and beat what got put in front of him when it mattered on the day. It may have been a slow time, but it was the fastest time. And if it was a slow time, what does that say about his competetion.

RNR we dont care

David W,

Yeh I know he is, and I appreciate it. What do you think about whats been said?

Yes, I know…I’m trying to work on one of my weaker virtues :slight_smile:

Haha sorry xlr8 if i frustrated you.

xlr8 and prophet,
I believe I realize what you are both saying. While in theory if ones CNS recovery abilities were very high, and if one had endless CNS energy, working the middle spectrum with RFD exercises in the weight room would be a high value in conjunction with other components. However because those conditions do not exsist in reality, the working of both ends in a true fashion(limit strength in the weight room, RFD with sprints, plyos and med ball) the carryover between both raised the overal spectrum as well, resulting in carryover to both sides, and this is the best practical way and tried and true way to develop ones abilities best. This is because it allows for high intensity in both RFD and Limit strength without compromise because no RFD lift is added in the weight room(the in between) allowing for greater gains?