Whats your vertical coolJ

Cool J I always read your workouts which ivolve a lot of verticle training. Just curious what is you standing two foot verticle?

Colin’s ass is getting so big he can barely even get off the floor:sing:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

that made my day. thanks woody

Originally posted by fourthought14
Cool J I always read your workouts which ivolve a lot of verticle training. Just curious what is you standing two foot verticle?

I’m guessing over 36 inches, but I haven’t had it measured in quite some time. I just know its decently high, hand over the BBall ring.

Anyway I think I have a good genetic helping here - at 14-15 I already had a natural 26 inch vertical jump as measured in PE class, 3rd highest in the class. Highest was 28 inches, and another guy was around 27.
None of us played basketball or any jumping sports so that was a raw natural jump.
Once I started playing BBall, things just shot up a good 5 maybe 6 inches. Weight training has filled in the rest
There is only a 2 inch difference between my standing and running jumps - yes I lack reactivity, but that’s because I haven’t done much plyo work apart from jump squats. I’m more at home doing standing jumps anyway.

Yes my ass is getting big, but glutes and erectors make up about 40% of jumping power so I don’t mind :stuck_out_tongue:
You can blame that on all the squatting I do.

How much sprint training are u doin Col?
When are u going to have a race over 100m?

Originally posted by Neospeed
How much sprint training are u doin Col?
When are u going to have a race over 100m?

Not much at the moment, trying to push my strnegth up. I was doing quite a bit of sprinting, last year . I’d rather get all my strength goals out of the way first, and then ease back and spend more time on other components.

I’ll be getting back into it soon. I wanna get a 60 metre time first and see where I stand. I know I have pretty good accleration, but how long I can maintain speed is another thing.
I don’t have enough speed endurance for 100m just yet, and I may never - its a damn long way :slight_smile:

Remember not to neglect your speed work on the track, Col. If you do, you won’t know how to apply that extra strength to the track when you go back to it. A couple of years ago, I decided to do the same thing as you and put my sprint training on the back burner so I could increase my strength in the gym. Well, I put 60kg on my squat without a change in body weight and found that my acceleration went down a good deal. So basically, if you don’t use it (in this case sprinting), you lose it.
Cheers.

How long did it take you get it back?

It took me a good 6 months man. I had to dramatically decrease my lifting and at the same time dramatically increase my sprinting. I’ll make sure I never make that mistake again! What’s the point of being strong and powerful in the gym if you can’t be fast on the track? I make my sprinting priority no.1 now, and always do it first. If I have any cns energy reserves left after sprinting and plyos, then I lift, but now make my lifting much more general in nature.