what if i dont do tempo?..

Clemson,
Why do you say that? Is Charlies methods or just short to long for that matter unheard of in the Carribean?

Originally posted by Pioneer
You should tell the agent that Charlie’s “shocking” methods produced 4 women under 51 seconds of which 2 ran under 50 seconds. Tell the agent to stick to his job and you’ll do yours.

Part of an agent’s job is to make sure an athlete is getting everything necessary for running faster (i.e. sponsors, meets, training, financial advice etc.)

I wish that was the case with all agents!

Take an interest in what’s going on(agent) even to the point of questioning why and where(no one is above this, of course, for if you are going to do something you should have a pretty good idea why something is included or you would not/should not do it) and then let the coach do the coaching and back the hell off. The few agents that I’ve come across often do not know enough to even ask a decent questiong regarding the training-if they know something it’s about training for other events-usually distance. Some people(coaches certainly included)know just enough to be dangerous.

I agree with what you’re saying. On the other hand, some agents such as Joe Douglas are very knowledgeable and involved in the athletes training process. I guess it all depends on the individual/agent.

Agreed. There are probably some agents out there who hold knowledge which rivals that of some of the best coaches in the business. My problem with some of them(ones I’ve met) is that due to the nature of their business, they end up being the well-known “jack of all trades, master of none” and should, in many cases, defer to those who know better than them regarding training, etc.

Agreed.