WayneHobley's Journal

Today is Monday and it was my first day running since my injury 2 weeks ago. I did a 400 and 300 just to see how i feel. It was tempo and they were in 54 and 39 for the 300.

Ok its Wednesday and on Tuesday I did 2 300’s and a 200 and 100. All at about 13 seconds per 100. Today I did 2x200 at 25 seconds and relay exchanges.

Ok today is Sautrday we had our first meet yesterday. We made it to the 4x2 and got 2nd I split 21.8. Then I won the 100 with 10.9x and pulled my ham again so Im just gonna go to NSIC then after that sit out for a while.

Ok its been a while since I posted on here…I have been out of commision since NSIC meet. I wont be able to practice for a while so that means I probably wont run till Late April.

Ok physical therapy is going good.Im able to run now without any pain but Im gonna take it easy.I recieved some info from USATF about being invited to World Youth but Ihave to run good at Youth Nationals and Junior Olympics this summer so I guess I will get a chance to run in some major meets this year.

Today was my first day back at practice and I felt great with no pain…I ran 8x100 meters at 85-95% pace. The coach is putting me on the 4x1 an 4x4 relays for Thurdsay. Wish me luck.

Today was my first meet back and after only 1 day of practice I ran the 4x1 and came from behind catching 4 people to get 2nd.Our team ran 42.5… I also came from behind to win the 4x4 in 3:23 with a 48.4 Split!!!

Wow, very nice! Congrats!

Thanx very much Pete

Good job! But, it sound like a classic case of overtraining, make sure you’re not doing to much work(cut back on volume if necessary) and/or make sure you’re doing tempo runs at tempo pace(65%-75%, 100s-16+s, 200s-31.4+s, 400s-70+s) and are getting proper regeneration.

Damn Wayne, you’re moving bro. I told you you’d be able to qualify for all your summer meets. Looks like you haven’t lost a step. :wink:

But, like Prophet said, make sure you’re recovering right and everything b/c overtraining could very well have been the culprit.

I’ve missed something - how old are you? Do you concentrate on 200/400 for the outdoor season? Your PB in the 400? What do you aim for? As there are no World Youth this year - World Juniors?

Good luck with the training. I agree - be careful for overtraining. I don’t see enough recovery days.

Im not really aiming for anything this year. I want to go to Junior Olympics and Youth Nationals and maybe Junior Nationals and AOC.Next year I would love to have the opportunity to go to World Youth. I concentrate on 1-400 meters… It just depends on which my times are better at early in the season.

Ok its Tuesday and yesterday we did 2x5 100 meter strides at 65-85% and today we just did some relay exchanges

Yesterday we had our meet and I did the 100,400 and 4x4 relays. I won the 100 10.54 and just jogged the 400 51.xx I was so sleepy. The 4x4 I split 48.7

Wow, great job! Is the 100 FAT?

Yeah but nwi

Still very impressive, good job!

Nice runnin, Wayne! Keep it up.

Wow, those are some serious times man! Looking forward to seeing what you can do in the near term!