vancouver series

i just got the vancouver series how do you perform the workouts on the short to long phase for example 2x3x20e20f20e with the intensity limit 30m which means to maintain for 30m, how do you maintain 30m with this drill?

[QUOTE=utfootball4]i just got the vancouver series how do you perform the workouts on the short to long phase for example 2x3x20e20f20e with the intensity limit 30m which means to maintain for 30m, how do you maintain 30m with this drill?[/QUOTE

A great workout
it is a runnign start
hit first marker and go easy (90%) for 20m - next 20m (95%) last 20m (90%)

still doesnt make sense bc another workout is 2x4x20 finish drill from a 30m build up intensity limit 50m. and the efe why would u need a running start and also you wouldnt have enough room on a indoor track?

The intensity limit is for the whole workout of which the 4 x (20m easy, 20m fast, 20m easy) is a part. You will be close to or at this limit in the workout because the 20m easy accel still prob gets you to the speed you’d reach if you took off hard for 10m So, 10 + 20 = 30m.
Hopefully,this makes it clearer.

thanks alot CF, i am still confused so once you get to week 3 and beyond for the wed speed workouts is the int limit for the 60’s or for the finish drills etc. what do you think about the spilt 60’s for a pure 60m guy, would he need them or just acc and top speed work?

charlie in the example weekly workout in cfts which says its just prior to a comp phase after period 1, so i would guess this is for the indoor season, you have 200’s on the wednesday.
from what ive been told by coachs is that even if u training for 60’s its good to run out 200’s to help with relaxation.

so what im getting at it. i just completed spp1 based on the vancouver dvd template of short-long, i then tired to race outdoors, and i must say i was out to 60 well but lost all rhythem and fell back very quickly, so i was thinkinh maybe i had had added 200’s on the wednesday this wouldnt have been so bad!!!

since u did the short to long program could you help solve the problem i am having understanding the int limit.? u wouldnt have needed to go out 200’s, 120 and 150 would hae worked.

well same as what CF said,
basically i accelerated to teh int limit then relaxed.
wwith the E H E i didnt worry about the limit as u only going hard for 20m

so what bout week 3 and on when the 60’s are added do u follow the int limit then and what about for the finish drills? thanks for your help.

same thing, u only going hard for teh last 20m, the build up is submax 95%

but i do think i should have put the 200’s in, as for doing to 120’s (speed end) i was thinking that they should only be introduced when u can accelerate to 60m well

your right about not during speed end until acc and max speed is in place, but i dont see how doing those kind of 200 would really help you finish the 100m - to build that kind of strength you need all out 1-4x120-150’s. i would assume since u r running in the summer ur acc and top speed would be in place??? ok im clear about the intensity limt with the efe and finish drills, so does the int limit also apply to the 60’s that CF add in on week 3?

hey charlie on the dvd when you were going over the short to long program you said that it takes a highly condition athlete to handle those volume and they better keep a lid on it. are you saying that we should decrease the volume slightly and make sure the runs are in the 95% zone? thanks

so what do you think CF should we < the vol in the gpp and spp?

Has anyone been able to download the graphs that Charlie used during the 2004 presentation. I have bought the DVD download but it would help if I could see the graphs and text. I would be grateful if anyone can help me here.

yep do u have the password.

No, I’m sure i wasn’t given a password, unless I have missed something.