Top three coaches:

1. Charlie Francis
  2. Charles Poliquin

For what I want, that’s about it.

Abadjiev (Ivan): Weightlifting

Bottom (Mike) : Sprint Swimming

Francis (Charlie): Francis (Charlie)

Do you or David W have any of his books or texts? And if you do how would this usurper of knowledge gain access to these holy grails?

Costs down? John’s charging each athlete an initial fee of $20,000 plus 20% fees, prize money and sponsorship …

It was a joke! (John will still be cheaper than Anthony Robbins- and you might leave with a bit more than just thinking you’re great!)

Same; plus two is less conflict than three. Three would get too political.

Though I might bring the “Ab-do er” machine man, he could be the court jester, after dinner entertainment. :smiley:

charlie and louie

Uhhh what the hell am i reading here??? Where have you guys been need I say it…
Best Sprint speed coach JOHNATHAN RENEGADE DAVIES
Best Strength speed coach/powerlifting/olympic lifting/Lifting shit on a swiss ball indo board coach
JOHNATHAN “OLIE KIKCFLIP” DAVIES
Best sports psychologist, martial artist, mental toughness coach
JONATHAN " RAMBO" DAVIES

Fellas always remeber he is a RENEGADE…they can do what they want when they want to who they want how they want to…the are CHAMPIONS and even if his teams he coaches go 2-9 or 0-500, he has made them CHAMPS, casue he said so…that is a coach to me!!! It is not what really happens but how you view it…delusions of grandure is how I base my training and so doe the RENEGADE!!!

Abadjiev,that would be interesting info! Is he doing any speaking/seminars anywhere? I would give an honorable mention to coach Smith of olympic weightlifting fame. He worked with Ken Patera and Bruce Wilhelm, among others. I actually met him at the Spectrum in Philadelphia in 1979? I think. He was a smart technical coach. It was for the US weightlifting championships. I was a loader. It was the year Joe Dube was making a comeback. I didn’t fully appreciate the moment. I will not repeat that same mistake with the knowledge on this website.

I went to the library and got a few of Tony’s old books. “Unlimited Power” is one of them. Have you read many of his books and which ones do you recommend?

This forum being all sprinters I was curious if anyone ever heard of lee taft, I read an article where it said he can teach you to
"Teach your athletes to change directions effortlessly.

Learn to reprogram your athlete’s first step speed in any direction.

Learn to create a foundation that will never crack

Discover Lee Taft’s secret to loading athletes like a spring
Learn Lee Taft’s proven First Step techniques and drills to make any athlete faster immediately
Gain the skills to teach lateral shuffle techniques and drills to reinforce these techniques
Obtain knowledge to teach cross-over techniques and drills to empahasize this skill
Find out how to combine movement patterns
Much, Much More"

Just though sprinters might check him out or not!!!

In alphabetical order:

1. Charlie Francis
  2. Ian King
  3. Louie Simmons

I can’t believe Ian gets no love here. :confused: He has had an enormous impact on my training and shares many philosophical similarities with Charlie.

There are others with more theoretical knowledge (and perhaps equal practical knowledge), but few have those qualities PLUS the ‘instincts/feel’ for training that is so rare. These three guys have it (not saying they’re the only ones). If I could sit down and bounce ideas off these guys for a few hours I have no doubt it would be a life-altering experience.

WHAT GREAT INFO DOES IAN KING HAVE OUT THERE? Both Louie and CF both have shared their knowledge to some degree so we can base our decisions on those two. But as for Ian what book or info has he come out with?

Ian has come out with a large amount of material and was one of the driving forces behind starting this website…in fact, without Ian I doubt we’d be discussing this.

Love? Much.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Rupert,
have you and Charlie worked with Joe Kenn and his Tier System much?

“Faster ,higher,stronger!” Seminar presented by Charlie Francis and Ian King :4 (!) videos set.

He used to run a website full of articles and resources,just do a search and see if it is still there.

Also his “Practical Guides” book series are very well written and clear.An interesting and starting reference for those interested in the coaching/strength and conditioning professions.

Go to Kingsport.net for more info. on Mr. King. He also had a video on leg training sold through the t-mag group years ago. I do recall somewhere around that time on the Supertraining forum there was some controversy regarding this video because of the way King taught the back squat. He was apparently recommending that one perform the back squat with a slight anterior pelvic tilt during the lowest phase of the movement. This didn’t go over well with Siff and other biomechanists on the forum. I have one of his older books on how to write strength training programs and it is a fairly practical guide.

Ian actually has a ton of material available.

He has 12 books and 24 videos available here:

www. kingsports. net

(broke up link intentionally so as not to appear as an ‘advertisement’ etc.)

He has written many free articles available on t-mag.com, but they have generally been dumbed down a bit to fit the audience. Still, my first exposure to many of his ideas was there. The KSI line of books and videos is fantastic material, as is the Get Buffed line (don’t be fooled by the title!).

The one thing he doesn’t do is promote himself heavily like some self-styled gurus do, but that doesn’t take away from his stature as a physical prep coach.

I remember the controversy about the ‘pelvic tilt’ in the squat, and Siff certainly went off about that, among others, perhaps justifiably. It’s hard to call it because the statements in the video may have been taken out of context - I haven’t seen that particular video. But, that’s another discussion entirely.

What would you consider his best work/book? Also, wouldn’t that seminar video about CF and Ian be the almost the same as the one presented here? I.E. the VANCOUVER series 2002 and 2004 as well as the GPP DVD? I sent Ian King or his staff an email about this and they never replied! So I can only assume that most of the material from that particular seminar video with CF and King is pretty much covered in all of the videos offered by this site. If not, and if anyone agrees that the Ian King CF seminar is a must even if you have all of CF’s material then please tell me and I will purchase it!

Aside from the CF/King seminar what is considered King’s best work? Get Buffed?