Toe up running device

Have recently been told that i have a habit of striking the ground with my toes pointing down. Whilst I will be working on drills etc. to get the correct foot strike I have heard that there are devices (assume not that complicated) that can also assist.

Has anyone used them before? If so were they of value?
And/or does anyone know where one can purchase online?

Thanks

http://ontrackandfield.com/main/catalog/2005/index.html

Foot Flexr?

Have found this called the foot flexr. Has anyone used it?

Theoretically, the premise may be right. However, our experience is two-fold. Range of motion at the joint differed for each athlete. With many, it provided a stiff, uncomfortable effect.

Subsequently, the device didn’t allow increasing degrees of freedom after amortization and prior to touchdown. Though there may be some benefit, from a kinesthetic standpoint, during the rotational phases. However, I doubt the full cycle.

Be careful when deliberatly dorsiflexing your foot before footstrike. I injured my knee slighly when I first started trying to aquire this skill.

Without thinking, I tensed the muscles so hard there was no way my calf could absorb all the force I was putting through it. I was out of action for 3 weeks. Not my greatest achievement in life.

I have used the foot flexr before. I thought it was a good product before as it seemed to increase my turnover as the product said. However I have suffered from lower limb, specifically achilles/deep toe flexor, problems for about the last 4 years which ive finally had sucessfully treated! :slight_smile:

I would say that in my case there is a good correlation between the foot flexr and the injuries due to the device holdling the ankle in a fixed range of motion and causing inflexibility.

Thanks for the feedback. Found a local supplier in AUS and it is relatively cheap so I have purchased.

I was only thinking of using it in the mid stages of the warm-up, during 50-60% run throughs and drills.

What kind of work were you doing whilst using the flexr?