The HYPERCOMPLEX

hey everybody,

i m having a lot of trouble at my hip-area, as many sprinters seem to have :o

At the GPP-DVD(39min-40min) Charlie is speaking about the hypercomplex to provide such probs. I remember him saying this word “hypercomplex” also at the weightlifting demos and at some other places(forum etc.).

My question is:
How/Which exercises include this complex and when do i perform them?

I know already that CF said 1-3sets. Doing 3 at high int. days.
So; is the hypercomplex trained after speed work/weights ???

its train after the running session.

I think it is this exercise, it is also shown on the dvd

its this exercise but on a flat bench. You hold a bar around chest level and when going up, you do a rowing movement with the bar, so you go up and the bar moves to your chest.

he has the dvd.

but he doesnt know what excercise it is so i describe it for him so that he can search it on the dvd…

lol- read his post again, if he has the dvd then he knows how to do them. the dvd show the hypercomplex at least twice.

I tried the hypercomplex exercises yesterday for the first time, and they it works really well, I could definatly feel it and added it to my workout.

sounds like me that he is questioning what exercise this is…

I remember him saying this word “hypercomplex” also at the weightlifting demos and at some other places(forum etc.).

So; is the hypercomplex trained after speed work/weights ???

the point is that I made a constructive reply to help the guy with his question and that you bash on me…

naw im bashing, ur post was very helpful

Thx for the answers…

So the order on speed days is this:

speed- weights- hypers or speed-hyper/weights.

But CF said that 3 sets per exercise is good on h.I.-days or you can also do 1set/exercise on tempo days.

i dont really understand why the order with this set-scheme is like this. I had suggested it the other way around: 3 sets on tempo days.

I have the DVD and know the exercises(but thx for your effort :slight_smile: ). But i also remember other exercises on other DVDs.

My idea was to create a list of exercises which are a part of the hypercomplex.

I will go through the GPP-DVD and write them down. Maybe you think: “Mmmh, this one is missing” and complete the list.
By the way: 3 sets with ~4-6exercises(i guess) is pretty much, isnt it. Especially on speed days and weights(both have a great impact on the lower back)???

The exercise that you can do almost every day (not necessarily) and has been suggested by Charlie, I think, is the reverse hypers, which is the reverse movement of the hyper-complex with bent or straight legs and with/without some resistance.
I would use the hyper-complex early on, certainly before the Max. Strength phase.
Hope it helps!

yeh the cf display the hypercomplex in the dvd was with bw-lightloads so you can them like that everyday. i chose to go with a heavier load once a week.

utfootball4,
read my post again, please! As far as I understand it reverse hypers and hyper-complex are not the same thing!

the hyper complex is just like a hyper but u do a row at the top

Hypers are with the back lifting up. Reverse hypers are with the back fixed and the legs comming up. Check the GPP DVD and you can see them both

I don’t know how confusing what I posted was, but surprisingly we mean the same thing… :confused:
Anyway, since Charlie understands it, I am happy! :smiley:

and how can the hypers provide hip-problems?

In my experience it was more important to traín the abs with greater volume, bc the lower back is somuch stressed when sprinting+lifting.

ANd then 3 sets at h.I.days is very much or should i do 10sets of abdominal work also :slight_smile: ?

so just to clarify hypercomplex and reverse hypers if done with lighter weights can be done in 3 sets on low int days. And if done with heavier weight should be done on high intensity days. Or is that no matter whatif doing 3 sets they both should be done on high intensity days