the day BEFORE speed work...

What you have really are two somewhat different philosophies. You have Charlie’s method:

speed-weights,tempo, speed-weights,tempo, etc.

And you have David W’s way, descibed by Charlie as the British System:

speed, weights, tempo, speed, weights, tempo

Charlie’s way gives more hi intensity track work, David’s way gives perhaps more intensification of fewer HI sessions. World class people have been successful with both systems, so it probably comes down to personal preference, recovery ability, strengths/weaknesses, and the like.

I started with Charlie’s way, but found out I got better results with David’s way (it might not work that way if you need 2 speed sessions + 1SE session as opposed to 1 speed session + SE).

But, in either case, the day before speed is tempo.

i am thinking about the same and (in terms of time and recovery) combine both metods

Not sure exact %'s, but they were supposedly pretty heavy even for him (I think the reps were a bit higher, but I am not 100%).

80% of 1RM on squats tempo? Please. BJ’s 2x6 @ 600lbs (after a speed session mind you and with something left in the tank) would nearly be tempo then too.

if somebody is going all out in squats every day, i doubt it very much. if somebody can squat 200kg for 10 reps, but only does 180kg for 6 reps on his off days, then for his purpose yes, its relativly tempo. its all relatitive. His CNS aint going to get smashed of that 180kg x 6. its going to feel comfortable.
But, i dont do squats every day. Perhaps you could find some info about it for us all?? I sure would be interested in hearing exactaly how they structure their every day squats. Sounds interesting.
Are you able to get ahold of this info?

Possibly… I’ll ask.

The coach of this thrower in HS is great friends with the throws coach at our school and has a lot of the info.

that would be great.

Keep in mind, though, that this guy’s a thrower, so he doesn’t have the SE and Max V issues that “we” have. I just can’t imagine doing heavy squats 5 days a week, then doing 6X150 @ truly 90-90% one of the following days.

Hay Davan who is the thrower? My brother is going to ASU right now and hes also a thrower (sophmore), maybe there good friends.