The Anti-Catabolic Cocktail (Blackstarlabs.com)

Anyone know if micellar casein would cause problems for someone who is a little lactose intolerant?

Thanks

98% of the lactase is removed…remember milk sugar is a carbohydrate and blackstarlabs sells just the protein. Some people have allergies but it is very rare.

Agree. If you can eat ice cream or cottage cheese without a problem you’ll be 100% safe.

If you are making the coconut milk by yourself is there any use for the coconut water?

Explain your protocol for coconut milk?

1. Go to asian market and pick up a boatload of coconuts for next to nothing.
  2. Puncture with a clean screwdriver and drain the “coconut water”
  3. Bust open with meat tenderizer (not to hard or you’ll have a mess)
  4. Cut away flesh from coconut and turn into shavings with food processor or knife
  5. Place shreddings in cheesecloth and leave in hot water (hotter than needed for yogurt making) for a few minutes
  6. Squeeze the cheesecloth until nothing more comes out
  7. Repeat process in separate reservoir if you need to get the most out of them
  8. Enjoy your coconut milk!

Edit: I have one thing of coconut milk I bought which I use as a reference for how concentrated it should be (taste and color wise)

That explains the coconut water (I was confused) use the water for the free electrolytes and leave the gatorade for the “be like mike” loosers. Great protocol (fresh is best) Thats what I like…make sure the coconuts don’t get rancid though…

Off the topic but, what your UNBIASED opinion of the “kits” they have on the blackstarlabs website?

Thanks

The kits are just package deals of popular combinations…

I am taking creatine (EAS hp)1x perday after work outs and a fruit smoothie 2-3 times per day with designer protien with 2 regular meals. Ive leaned up a little but I wanted to start training harder. So, I am looking to step up my supplements. Im about 5’9" 175 (kinda soft though) I would like to be a ripped solid 165 (ideal wieght for me sprinting wise) with out losing too much muscle mass. What should I get from Blackstar labs to help me get to this point?

Thanks man!

Can you break down your diet for us first? Carbs?Fat?Protein? It’s better if you consume more solid meals which is higher in themogenic effect (you burn more calories to digest as opposed to liquid stuff). Also your training, what you’e doing and everything… We need to work on the basics first before we go too crazy on the supplements.

It kind of hard and expensive (i work in NYC) to get a good meal if I dont bring it from home. I guess I should be eating better. Lets see I try to stick to this:

Shakes 2-3x perday
2 scoops protien
1 cup frozen fruit
half ripe banana
1cup lofat milk

about 50g protein
about 50g carbs
about 10g fat

Meals:
Lunch
about 1/4 pound of animal tissue :slight_smile: and some carbs maybe a few veggies.

Dinner:
same as above.

I know it could be better but Ive come a long way from eating wendys crispy chicken sandwiches tons of coffee and beer!!!

Training

Is speed tu thurs and sat (i have it posted on the training log under nycjay01)

I’ve been trying to get to the track to do tempo but, I might incorporate some sort of active rest for one day (mountain biking swiming or something like that) instead of 2 tempo days

I am trying to do core work every day but im not sure if i should (what do you guys think?)

My goals are to be 165 lbs (but like a race horse :smiley: )
3.8 30m hand time (4.1 right now :mad: )
More fitness and strength.

As always any tips are highly appreciated

The micellar protein at BSL is great.

I would use the DP whey formula and use it in the morning with your breakfast since the research on whey and antioxidants is very strong. I would go 50% casein, 40 % animal product /sea 5% yogurt % whey

Three smoothies? if they are P and F combos yes! but too many p and c drinks are too fast acting.

I am working with a very large company to produce coconut oil peptides for MTC/antiviral (lauric acid) blend for the anticatabolic blend. This will make it easy to have healthy fats and smart proteins without finding coconut milk! Just add water and get lean and recovered.

The immunogrow will help you absorb nutrients…why not spend the extra 30 bucks to make sure your vitamin supplements and food is used better?

Good stuff! I will try out the anti catabolic combo when I run out of what I have.

Thanks!

Great…u2u me before you do for some updates on other formulas such as the Beastmode activator formula and the new BOSS line.

clemson, do you plan on posting the other formulas on this forum?

How do you do the percentage things on blackstar labs? Could you possibly post a sample (i.e. the Anti-Catabolic Cocktail)… Or have I missed it somewhere along the thread? Sorry, I’m new to the site and am learning all this stuff.

Nevermind, I got an idea of how to do it. anyone know the % on the Micellar Casein for 25g on the anti-catabolic cocktail and 5 grams of glutamine would convert to? Lookin forward to seein the other formulas posted…

I am going to order some soon but let me update you on some things here on the site…

My training is based off of charlies books, seminars, and consults and I use his methods since 1998-1999 and have had a huge impact and this includes the nutrition info as well. Buy the ebooks…I don’t get kickbacks from Charlie and his friends here but when you get the info you will understand what you need.

Call the company up and they will help you…enough people have purchased that combo or similar versions. Choose what your wallet can afford.

Priority 1.

Micellar casein and coconut milk (30 grams of protein with 4-6 oz of coconut milk)

Priority 2.
Micellar casein/imunogrow and coconut milk (30 grams of protein with 4-6 oz of coconut milk)

Priority 3

Micellar casein/imunogrow/HMB and coconut milk (30 grams of protein with 4-6 oz of coconut milk)

Priority 4

Micellar casein/imunogrow/HMB/glutamine and coconut milk (30 grams of protein with 4-6 oz of coconut milk)

don’t by the last version unless you have the cash and need…remember to add vanilla extract! the glutamine has bite!

Athlete,

I am still working on things…will post a few later but some customized formulas can’t be done with BSL so I will have to find some that fit.

Glutamine is actually tasteless.